Job Openings at the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
The Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF) is a non-profit firm established in December 2013. The organisation was established to improve the quality of decision-making and execution in the health sector. HSDF supports key stakeholders at all levels of the government and private sector by providing strong analytical support and deploying innovative frameworks and tools to generate measurable and sustainable results.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1.) Gender Specialist
Requisition ID: 922
Job Locations: Kaduna and Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
- The Strengthening Systems for Safer Childbirth initiative is funded by MSD for mothers. "Project Aisha" is implemented by a consortium of 4 organizations: Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation, Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Ingress Health Partners, and mDoc.
- The project aims to reduce maternal deaths and obstetric complications in Lagos and Kaduna by 20% between 2022 and 2025. This will be achieved by the sustained delivery of high-quality care services that benefit women as well as their communities.
- Project Aisha also involves developing an integrated Quality of Care model to improve the prevention and management of Pre-Eclampsia/Eclampsia (PE/E) risk factors (Hypertension, Diabetes, Anemia & Obesity) in Lagos and Kaduna.
- We are looking for a Gender Specialist who will supervise and carry-out activities related to gender equality, women empowerment, gender dynamics, social inclusion as well as the welfare and inclusion of marginalized/vulnerable populations. This position will report to the project manager/ program director.
Summary of Tasks
- Develop a gender action plan to guide gender programming for MSD for mothers’ “project AISHA”
- Assess and identify through FGDs and KIIs potential gender-differentiated impacts of the project
- Conduct a desk review of any available studies concerned with gender in the project locations.
- Provide cost estimates for the implementation of the plan of action for gender mainstreaming in programs.
- Remain updated, understand and routinely internally disseminate the challenges faced by marginalized groups in Nigeria, particularly organizational project locations.
- Work with human resources to review, develop, and consistently update a comprehensive gender policy (internal).
- Provide technical support and content expertise on mainstreaming a gender approach in the planning and development and program efforts for project AISHA (not only HSDF but all consortium partners).
- More broadly, review/update HSDF’s gender policy document
- Work closely with programs team to ensure the integration of gender-lens/ gender methodologies to M&E tools and frameworks (data collection and verification tools, reporting templates, etcetera.)
- Facilitate internal workshops/ trainings on Gender equality, and social inclusion (GESI) and track organizational GESI progress.
- Develop knowledge products (Op-eds, policy briefs, research papers, slide decks, data visualizations) for internal/ external use and dissemination.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Preferred background in Public Health, Social Science, or related fields focused on gender issues.
- Gender strategy development and implementation-related experience at the international level preferred.
- Experience authoring research papers related to gender equality, social inclusion, GBVH, and other related topics.
- Quantitative and Qualitative data analysis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Experience providing training on gender and social inclusion related issues.
- Advanced degree in Gender Studies, quantitative Social Sciences, or related discipline will be an advantage.
- Ability to support proposal writing by integrating gender-specific activities.
- Verbal and written English proficiency are required.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations if and when require.
Application Closing Date: 13th October, 2023.
2.) Human Resource Officer
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- This position, reporting to the Head, Human Resources would be responsible for providing operational support to the HR team in the following (but not limited to) functional areas; Learning and Development, Records Management, Employee Engagement and Experience, Performance Management, and Onboarding program to drive operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports in developing and executing human resource strategies covering selection, placement, learning, career and performance management, rewards, benefits, incentives and employee relations.
- Ensures the availability of up-to-date HR information to enhance employee performance and guide working practices.
- Contributes to and supports effective communication and change management exercises organization wide.
- Support recruitment for vacant roles (as assigned): Review applications, schedule interviews, prepare reports, and send out feedback emails.
- Prepare database for pipeline candidates who have completed recruitment process.
- Provide support in the preparation and distribution of performance feedback letters.
- Support in the content creation for the LMS, scheduling trainings, conducting pre-post learning assessments and feedback and tracking employee trainings.
- Prepares periodic HR reports and ensures up-to-date documentation of all HR files and reports.
- Manages vendors and all contractors with utmost professionalism and integrity.
- Manage employee onboarding end-to-end.
- Builds and maintains relationships with vendors and other service providers.
- Ensures timely administration and documentation of employee benefits.
- Schedules HR expenditures, analyzes variances and initiates corrective actions.
- Takes up projects and other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
To perform this job successfully, he/she must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be a graduate of Human Resources Management or related field. He/she must be familiar with HR operational activities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Minimum of two years of cognate relevant experience.
- Ethical, high integrity.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Open to ideas and change.
- Professional, responsible, and accountable.
- Team player, supportive, encouraging development of HSDF’s work and staff.
- Ability to establish rapport with a wide range of professionals.
Application Closing Date: 29th September, 2023.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- This position is being filled urgently and potential candidate MUST be available to start immediately or within a short notice.
3.) Grants and Compliance Manager
Requisition ID: 861
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Grants
Reporting to: COO/Finance Director
- The Grants and Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of grant management and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and policies.
- S/He will collaborate with internal teams, external stakeholders, and funding agencies to develop grant proposals, manage grant funding, monitor program compliance, and ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- The Grants and Compliance Manager plays a crucial role in optimizing grant opportunities, mitigating risk, and maintaining high standards of compliance within the organization.
- Support the development of grant proposals, including drafting budgets, project plans, and supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information and support the development of comprehensive grant proposals.
- Ensure grant proposals align with organizational objectives and comply with funding agency guidelines
- Track and manage grant application deadlines, submissions, and follow-ups
- Lead in the preparation of a consolidated organization-wide annual budget phased into months
- Monitor compliance with regulatory requirements, policies, and procedures related to grants management
- Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and best practices affecting grants and compliance.
- Develop and implement internal controls, processes, and policies to ensure compliance with grant terms and conditions.
- Conduct periodic audits and assessments to identify and address compliance gaps or risks.
- Provide guidance and training to staff on compliance requirements related to grants management.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of grant-related financial reports including project burn rate analysis.
- Prepare and submit financial reports and other documentation as required by funding agencies.
- Maintain comprehensive records and documentation related to grant activities, expenditures, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with program teams to reconcile grant expenses, track budgets, and resolve discrepancies.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts related to grant funding.
- Foster positive relationships with funding agencies, partners, and stakeholders involved in grants management.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for grant-related inquiries, clarifications, and communications.
- Collaborate with program managers to ensure grant programs are aligned with strategic objectives.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and workshops related to grants management and compliance.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation:
- Identify potential risks and challenges associated with grants and compliance.
- Develop risk management strategies and mitigation plans to address identified risks.
- Implement internal controls and procedures to minimize the risk of non-compliance.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline. An advanced degree is preferable and would be considered a stronger advantage.
- Proven experience - minimum of seven (7) years in grants management, compliance, or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in grant proposal development and budgeting.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of grant regulations, compliance frameworks, and funding agency requirements.
- Excellent understanding of financial management principles, budgeting, and reporting.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Proficient in using relevant software applications and tools (such as MS Office, SAP, etc.).
- Experience in nonprofit organizations, government agencies, or similar environments is a plus.
- Professional certification(s) in grants management or compliance (e.g., Certified Grants Management Specialist) is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date: 6th October, 2023.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Human Resources Officer Job at Merigage Limited
- Human Resources Business Partner Job at Support Pro by SalesPlatpro
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at HRBP Limited
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Costarchem Nigeria Limited
- Human Resources Assistant Job at Wemy Industries Limited
- Human Resources & Administration Head Job at H. Pierson Associates Limited
- Human Resources Generalist Job at President Paints Nigeria Limited
- Human Resource Officer Job at Confederated Facilitators Limited
- Head HR (Upstream Oil & Gas) Job at Kloverharris Limited
- Human Resources Officer Job at Merigage Limited