Legal Counsel Job at Onstream Group
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Legal Counsel
Job Location: Lagos
- Ensure within Exploration-Production activities, the safety and defence of the Group and its Affiliates and promote their interests. To this end:
- Aid decision-making by analyzing the legal risks and advocating optimized, appropriate solutions
- Participate close-up in devising, preparing, drafting, negotiating and executing agreements
- Advise and assist the Group and its E&P Affiliates in cases of pre-litigation and dispute.
Service Contents/Problem Solving (Activities):
- Assist the Company Secretary in company secretarial functions for Company and all its affiliates in Nigeria to include liason with other E&P branch entities and HQ.
- Undertake legal research work and provide legal advisory services to relevant departments on a wide range of issues including fiscal and finance matters, commercial issues, labour related matters, interpretation of laws, contractual obligations etc.
- Provide legal support to the TEPNG Corporate by analysis of legal risks and impact of potential transactions, specifically the Corporate entities including oil and gas commercial through participating in negotiation meetings, review of agreements and proffering of legal opinions.
- Provide legal support and opinions as may be required to AOBO, New Energies, Commercial, Finance, Human Resources, Government Relations / Communications and HSE etc.
- Handle Tax related matters and provide support for non-operated assets with respect to the following assets: NLNG; SNEPCO); and Unitizations
- Participate in OPTS activities and provide timely opinion on legal and regulatory issues that affect the company and the oil and gas industry.
- Assist the Legal Manager in preparation of reports: SOX ARO reports, etc
- Draft and review company leases and acquisition agreements in accordance with the company management procedure on leases and acquisition.
- Provide legal opinions to other relevant Departments on a wide range of issues.
- Identify, analyse and interpret national and international statutory and regulatory texts and contractual documents at draft stage or in force. Handle routine legal dossiers and occasionally averagely complex legal dossiers without (or with limited) supervision and take part in negotiations with partners, contractors and government agencies.
- Ensure legal security and optimisation of the dossiers and sectors entrusted to Legal Counsel.
- Involvement in litigation and arbitration matters within the Corporate District and representing the company in court and tribunals. Attend court and liaise with external counsel on corporate litigation matters involving the company and affiliates as may be assigned by the Legal Manager.
- Carry out all such functions as may be assigned by the Legal Manager, Corporate or the General Couns
Context And Environment:
- Provide support to OPTS activities in the dynamic and changing regulatory regime in Nigeria.
- Participate in the team’s legal research to support the company’s activities.
- Provide Company with Legal Guidance to advance transactions and dealings with Third Parties, Government Institutions and Regulators.
- Assess Legal Risks and Provide Appropriate Solutions and Recommendations.
This position exists:
- To support and promote Company’s interests and their Affiliates to achieve results.
- To aid decision-making by analyzing the legal risks and advocating optimized, appropriate solutions.
- To provide the Company and its departments with legal guidance in transactions with third parties.
- To ensure that the Company is in compliance laws and regulations governing its activities and limit potential liabilities.
- To ensure that losses are minimized by ensuring that facts setting out the company’s response in dispute resolutions cases of arbitration, litigation and mediation are professionally collated and correctly set out o advance the interest of the company.
- 1st degree in law (2.1 or 2.2).
- Call to the Nigerian Bar: Minimum of 10 years post call experience. Industry experience is essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Masters Degree in Law and knowledge in French would be advantageous.
- Head, Legal / Company Secretary Recruitment at Alan & Grant
- Senior Legal Associate Job at a reputable company
- Junior Lawyer Job at Aggreko
- Mctimothy Associates Consulting Limited Recruitment for a Legal Adviser
- Legal Counsel Job at TechAdvance
- Company Legal Secretary Job at Eat 'N’ Go Limited
- Senior Lawyer Job at Officemakers International Limited
- Legal Assistant Job at The Workplace Centre Limited
- Legal Associate (Litigation) Recruitment at Willers Solutions Limited
- Entry Level Legal Officer Recruitment at DataPro