Legal Officer Job at Sunrose Consulting Limited
Sunrose Consulting Limited - Our client is a global trading company with an active presence in Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia. The company supplies globally sourced products and services that are critical to laying the foundation for a modern economy. These include steel, industrial chemicals; as well as distribute raw and processed agricultural produce from West Africa to the world. With offices in Africa, Dubai and Europe, the company has also established partnerships throughout the Middle East, Europe, Africa and North and South America.
To strengthen its expansion strategy, the company is recruiting a hardworking individual to fill the position below:
Job Position: Legal Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to Management on a full range of legal and challenging operational issues, in accordance with the following principles: instil and foster a culture of legal compliance, advocate for Ethics & Compliance across all levels within the company, build relationships with external legal advisors.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, Contracts, and tender documents
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements of the country.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Identify local needs and develop efficient resource smart solutions including developing network of outside counsel and pro-bono relationships
- Formulate legal compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Review all contracts or any other documentation and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with the company’s policy.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Law Degree, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law
- Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
- Excellent command of English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
- Job Openings at Sahara Group
- Job Vacancies at HR Hive
- Company Secretary and Legal Counsel Job at Roducate
- Job Vacancies at Konga
- Job Openings at Elvaridah
- Job Openings at Sabi
- Legal and Compliance Officer Job at iCentra
- Legal Officer Job at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Legal Officer Job at Abbey Mortgage Bank Plc
- Company Secretary / Head of Legal Job at Layer3