Manager, Legislative Affairs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Manager - Legislative Affairs
Job Location: Abuja
- To relate with and manage the legislature at the Federal and State level; and for that purpose to undertake analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) of Bills and activities of the legislature to ensure that threats to MTN’s business are defused and opportunities are promoted.
- And to manage the stakeholders in the Federal and State legislature.
- Identify Bills and laws impacting on MTN’s operations and conduct SWOT Analysis on same.
- Monitor said Bills and laws and advise Senior Manager, Government relations on potential impact on MTN’s operations.
- Ensure customer queries are handled appropriately and in compliance to the MTNN regulatory framework.
- Support management and advice MTNN on interconnects agreements/relationship, licence conditions and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Manage relationships with the members of the Federal and State legislature and ensure benefits for MTN, including proactively identifying risks and advising the business.
- Professional and consultative relationships with senior executive stakeholders and demonstrated ability to manage challenges with integrity, tact and diplomacy
- First level interface with officials and members of relevant Working Committees (i.e. Communications, Environment, Science and Technology, Commerce, Taxation, etc.) of the Senate and House of Representatives as well as the State Houses of Assembly
- Coordinate mandatory Submissions to the above listed Committees and State Houses of Assembly
- Leads the Department’s implementation of the Government’s regulatory reform measures and oversights monitoring and reporting processes to meet whole of state government requirement.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory activities, oversees the implementation of policies that support MTN’s goals
- Monitor and influence the legislative process for the development of said Bills into law
- Manages staff who liaise between legislative entities and the organization, leads the communications and interactions, which aligns with corporate business strategies.
- Cultivate and maintain an excellent relationship between the company and the National Assembly and all State Houses of Assembly.
- Develop detailed legislative policy on complex and sensitive issues that have nation-wide implications.
- Provide advice on complex policy and legal issues relevant to legislative projects, and ensure that policy and legislation is consistent with Departmental and Government priorities, policies and legislation.
- May be required to work extended hours
- Normal MTNN working conditions
Experience & Training
- LLB law degree from a recognized university
- BL and call to the Nigerian bar
- Minimum 6 years post call to bar experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization with experience in supervising/managing others
- In depth experience and understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Experience in a commercial legal environment, alternatively within a legal & regulatory control body
- Experience within the telecommunication environment is desirable.
- High level oral and written communication skills including the ability to prepare substantial policy documents Training:
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences & workshops in Telecommunication Regulation
- Management Development Program.
- Legal Officer Job at Tranter IT Infrastructure Services Limited
- Legal Officer Job at NEXTZON Business Services Limited
- Head of Legal Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Experienced Lawyer Job at a reputable company
- Manager, Legal & Compliance Recruitment at SW Global Limited
- Assistant Registrar (Legal) Recruitment at Caleb University
- Litigation Lawyer Job at Maurice Xandra Solutions
- Complance Officer
- Legal/Company Secretary Job at JEF Security Services Limited
- Legal Practitioner Job at a reputable company