Marine Technical Superintendent at StreSERT Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a downstream Oil & Gas Organization, is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Marine Technical Superintendent
Job Location: Lagos
- To manage technical and non-technical vessel operations. This includes overseeing the daily operations of maintenance and repair, budgeting, survey schedules, onboard general assessment of vessels, inspections and docking, etc.
- To ensure the assigned vessels are technically operational and managed based on service requirement.
- Liaise with stakeholders on technical and operational matters including vessel performance, etc
- Attend to vessel dry docking, repairs and survey when required and determine repair specifications for dry docking and maintenance.
- Provide and compile documented reports upon completion of dry docking, including summaries of works performed, operational budgets, and actual expenditures.
- Identify and source for technical and operational supplies required for the vessels and ensure the rates are most economical.
- Ensure that all copies of statutory, SOLAS and other equipment certificates (life rafts, compasses, etc) are properly maintained and documented.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to ships both at home port and overseas.
- Perform evaluation for dry-docking, repair quotes and selection of shipyards for repair works, ship maintenance etc.
- Perform monthly review of logs processes and attend to vessel inspections.
- Monitor technical status of vessel with relation to class cert and survey.
- Supervise contractors’ repair/maintenance of vessels.
- Perform budgeting and cost control measures on ship spares and docking requirements.
- Perform technical compliance audits and investigation on defects/failures on a regular scheduled basis to ensure conformance.
- Work closely with the HSE Management team to ensure smooth and successful implementation of QHSE system and policies for the Division.
- Perform systematic review of recommended codes, guidelines and standards and ensure compliance with Quality & Safety Management standards.
- Ensure and maintain vessels’ zero loss time accident record and to report all vessel incidents, Near Misses to prevent and eliminate potential incidents.
- Under take any other Technical related assignments as and when required.
- First Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any relevant course.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in similar position and 3 years shore experience as a Superintendent of Tanker fleet.
- Possess relevant sea-going work experience as Chief Engineer/Marine Engineer with Mandatory Class I or equivalent with experience in Tankers.
- Working Knowledge/familiarity with International Safety Management(ISM) and Internal Ship and Port Security(ISPS).
N4,500,000 - N5,000,000 Annual Gross.
Interested and qualified cabndidates should forward their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using 'MTECH' as subject of application.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- Solutions Engineer Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Sales Engineer Job at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Technical and Operations Manager Job at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Maintenance Engineer Job at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Electrical Engineer Job at Agiville Industries Limited
- Production Engineer Job at Agiville Industries Limited
- Factory Manager Job at Agiville Industries Limited
- Pipeline Preventive Maintenance Manager Job at The Caracal Oil & Gas
- Senior Crewing Manager Job at The Caracal Oil & Gas
- Plumber Job at A leading Manufacturing company