Medical Director/Superintendent Job at A leading Hospital
A Hospital with international affiliation requires applications from qualified and resourceful candidates to fill the position below at two of its locations in Lagos:
Job Position: Medical Director/Superintendent
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Under the general supervision of the Managing Director, the Medical Superintendent is responsible for providing medical leadership and expertise for the Hospital. This is accomplished by liaising, collaborating and prioritizing with the team of doctors to ensure
- effective delivery of medical services.
- The Medical Superintendent is a critical member of the Hospital's management team, reporting directly to the Managing Director of the hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage and support a positive work environment to ensure positive staff morale and qualily services.
- Promote a climate and develop mechanisms which ensure constant upgrading and currency of physicians' skills.
- Mentor and coach Department Heads and other physicians in leadership roles.
- Mentor and coach medical staff to success.
- Encourage and support management training for physicians in leadership roles.
- Establish and foster effective working relationships with and between the various professional groups within the hospitals.
- Plan for and ensure appropriate utilization of medical human resources.
- Be involved with recruitment processes of medical doctors, especially, at the level of consultants.
- Acts as primary spokesperson for medical matters to the community and media.
- Establish, as part of the management team, priorities, strategies and action plans to achieve stated outcomes, goals and objectives.
- Monitor progress toward the achievement of stated objectives
- Implement policies and practices consistent with corporate objectives
- Advise medical staff on new and current Government, Vedic Lifecare Hospital policies on medical matters, strategic directions, rules, regulations etc and promote compliance with such.
- Recommend policies and guidelines relating to medical/clinical matters consistent with medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations.
- Ensure performance and quality data are collected and maintained to support utilization initiatives
- Ensure effective processes and mechanisms are in place to encourage best
- practice to improve clinical outcomes and quality
- Function as a strong advocate for sound medical and clinical practice
- Ensure the development and monitoring of patient outcomes
- M.B.B.S certificate from a recognized university.
- Additional qualification in a medical specialty e.g. Internal medicine, orthopedic, general surgery, cardiology, family medicine, etc.
- Certificate in business-related courses. (Optional).
- Possess a valid practice license.
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience in a health/medical field.
- Experience in management of quality initiatives using principles of quality management.
- Experience in clinical practice.
- Medical Records Technician Job at Inland Specialist Hospital
- Medical Records Officer Job at Inland Specialist Hospital
- Medical Billing Officer Job at Inland Specialist Hospital
- Production Pharmacist Job at Therapeutic Laboratory Nigeria Limited
- Senior Production Pharmacist Job at Therapeutic Laboratory Nigeria Limited
- Medical Sales Representative Job at Therapeutic Laboratory Nigeria Limited
- Senior Medical Advisor Job at Sanofi
- Graduate Intern, Laboratory Recruitment at eHealth Africa
- Nursing Officer Job at Caleb University
- Medical Representative Job at Novartis Pharma Services