MTN Nigeria Recruitment for IN / Prepaid Planning Engineer
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: IN / Prepaid Planning Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
- To ensure optimal operation of all IN/ Prepaid platforms (e.g. TSP SCP, CCN, VPN, SDP, VS, AIR, MINSAT) and to deliver the required availability level of all IN /Prepaid Services Management.
- Translating revenue growth formula & objectives into results
- Support Prepaid Services Applications, Solaris System, Oracle & Sybase Database Linux System and Oracle Database Administration.
- Develop tools and monitoring scripts using Perl and Unix Scripts.
- Develop/Support multi thread applications using OOP Languages such as Java, C++, .NET and Perl as well as IN Applications.
- Perform Software and Hardware installation across MTNN and ensure strict adherence to ITIL best practices, as well as conduct monthly routine preventive maintenance.
- Ensure resolution of customer’s issue if any
- Monitor systems and applications on site and resolve all subscriber problems.
- Perform integration and acceptance tests, produce test documents as well as upgrade/load approved patches and fixes.
- Implement change request/planned work on platforms using established Change Management procedures.
- Log, analyze, resolve and escalate faults on the platforms.
- Perform basic administrative duties such as regular filing system, database backups and log all activities on platforms.
- Regulate access to systems and ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line with MTN’s VB
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- First degree in any related discipline
- Fluent in English)
- GSM Systems Survey
- GPRS Systems Survey
- TSP Operation & Maintenance
- Linux System Admin and Networking
- Java Programming
- Oracle Developer
- C7 Fundamentals
- CCN System Administration
- VPN System Administration
- Intelligent Network Server (INS)
- Oracle Database Administration
- PERL Scripting
- B.Eng, B.Sc, B.Tech or HND
- Planning Manager at Dangote Group
- QA/ QC Manager at Dangote Group
- QA / QC Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Construction Materials Manager at Dangote Group
- Piping Construction Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Piping Construction Manager at Dangote Group
- Construction Materials Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Planning Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Painting and Insulation Supervisor at Dangote Group
- Structural Steel Manager at Dangote Group