Procurement Specialist Job at Chemonics International
Chemonics International - We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Specialist
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- We are seeking a Procurement Specialist for the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria.
- The project aims to increase availability and sustainable management of safe and climate-resilient water and sanitation services in Lagos, Nigeria. LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos.
- The activity’s objective is to expand and improve urban WASH service delivery and infrastructure through strengthened governance, increased accountability, and improved financial and technical capabilities of public water utilities and private sector providers.
- The project has four components as follows: governance and institutional arrangements strengthened to deliver improved WASH services, public and private service provider performance improved, access to safe and sustainable water services increased, access to safe and sustainable sanitation increased and the quality of source water improved.
- This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Prepare Requests For Proposals (RFPs), Requests For Quotations (RFQs), vendor selection, tenders, purchase orders, and negotiation of awards for services and commodities, as well as maintaining the project’s inventory and inventory disposition procedures
- Prepare solicitations and requests for proposals/quotations to obtain bids or work directly with local vendors to obtain quotations and initiate procurements
- Negotiate and prepare contracts and purchase orders
- Ensure that procurement activities are carried out in accordance with contractual requirements, including contract-related regulatory requirements (e.g., ADS) and procurement regulatory requirements (e.g., FAR and AIDAR)
- Coordinate bid evaluation and prepare summary reports for review and approval
- Monitor contracts and purchase orders issued to vendors and follow-up as necessary to ensure compliance with terms and condition
- Contribute to the preparation of requests for approvals and/or waivers
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file
- Maintain the project’s inventory and tracking system, including regular updates to the vendor database with the objective of promoting a more transparent and competitive procurement process
- Assist the project to provide training to project staff on procurement policies and procedures
- Monitor and track incoming shipments and collect incoming shipment documentation from vendors and donors
- Manage activities, deliverables and invoices of subcontractors ensuring that all are against approved work orders and that only completed and reconciled activities are invoiced
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of five (5) years of procurement management experience
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally diverse staff
- Knowledge of Nigerian operating environment strongly preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: LUWASHrecruit@gmail.com using “Procurement Specialist” as the subject of the email.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- No telephone inquiries, please.
- Chemonics will contact the finalists.
- Procurement & Vendor Relations Manager Job at the People Practice
- Assistant Procurement Manager (BWPC) Job at Unilever Nigeria Plc
- Ongoing Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Ongoing Recruitment at Uncle Stan's Foods
- Procurement Officer Job at Karam Laza Engineering
- Purchasing Officer Job at Elite Logistics & Development Services Limited
- Procurement & Admin Lead Job at Quest Oil and Engineering Services Limited
- Procurement Officer Job at Minim and Tonye Nigeria Limited
- Purchasing Officer Job at O J Wale Pillars Metal and Tech Limited
- Procurement Supervisor Job at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited