Producer Job at Pulse Nigeria
Pulse is Africa's leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries - Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach - with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We're also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Producer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Producer to join the team
- The Producer is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. This role reports to the Head of Operations, Commercial Video and works very closely with the Director of the commercial video department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce highly engaging video content for Pulse clients.
- Develop and pitch creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the brand’s objectives.
- Oversee ideation, scripting, shooting and post-production for all Pulse client projects.
- Collaborate with operations / account management/sales team to ensure the seamless execution of all client campaigns.
- Oversee timelines for all Pulse client projects, ensuring videos are delivered to schedule.
- Coordinate a team of creative talents, technical crew, and other external resources to ensure effective workflows and processes.
- You will organise shooting schedules, obtain relevant permits when shooting on the field, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and health and safety laws.
- You will be responsible for securing appropriate rights, licenses and clearances for video usage, image usage and soundtrack usage, and resolving all other factual or legal concerns.
- You will supervise post-production to ensure quality control, including proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos, images, sound, colour, etc.
- You will be accountable to a budget, managing costs at all stages of production to ensure the best value possible for Pulse.
- You will oversee video editors to ensure proper organisation and safekeeping of video footage and logs.
- You will keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly video and design programs such as Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, After Effects and other programs from the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Support the Director of Video by actively proposing and helping to implement new and innovative strategies in order to meet and exceed the company’s overall revenue and profit targets.
- Be an ambassador for the Pulse brand by representing Pulse at events, taking on speaking opportunities, participate in panels and other discussions in the wider media and entertainment communities in your role.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- 2 - 3 years of experience in overseeing new media content and commercial video production.
- Excellent writing and story development skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
Remuneration, Benefits & Conditions
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing - we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office - we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a brief cover email with the position you are applying for as the subject to: email@example.com
Note: Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you - please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.
- Motion Graphics Designer / Video Editor Job at Freeme Digital
- Nigerian News Content Writer Recruitment at Yohaig
- Freelance Journalist Job at CSR Reporters
- Megalectrics Limited Recruitment for an On Air Personality / Presenter - Classic FM
- Multimedia Specialist Job at Esetech
- Production Editor Job at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Reporter Job at Smooth Promotions
- Editorial Manager Job at Adonis & Abbey Publishers
- Auto-related Reporter Job at Carmat.ng
- Presenter Job at Creatrix Empire International Limited