Project Manager Job at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Job Req ID: 21257226
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Technology
Job Family: Technology Project Management
- Citi’s technology team is growing at lightning speed, and we’re looking for talented technologists to help build the future of global banking. Our teams are creating innovations used across the globe – we’re changing the way people bank and how the world does business.
- Citi’s technology team supports business operations in 100+ countries, across multiple lines of business spanning both Institutional and retail businesses. The group works to optimize the IT environment by standardizing production platforms, reducing complexity, and introducing innovative solutions that provide new business capabilities, reduce total cost of ownership, and create a competitive advantage for Citi. Join an environment with a laser focus on growth and progress, and take your career to the next level through the power of Citi’s unmatched globality and vast expertise.
- As the world’s most global bank, Citi gives you the tools to be a trailblazer. We’re not just building technology, we’re building the future of banking. With thousands of employees located around the globe, we are an international team encompassing a broad range of teams, roles, and cultures, and we invite you to come and join us!
- The IT Project Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational / service leadership and direction to team(s).
- Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services.
- May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required.
- Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets.
- Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function / job family.
- Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Manages technical components of moderately complex IT projects.
- Coordinates activities of the project team, identifies necessary resources and develops schedules to meet completion deadlines.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Verifies team adherence to control and risk implementations as well as standards and process changes.
- Identifies scope and impact of project risks and issues; raises and resolves issues.
- Applies good understanding of concepts and procedures within own IT project leadership area to resolve issues.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of IT project leadership collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impacts the IT project leadership area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and contribution to planning, budget management and formulation of procedures; influences resource planning.
- Persuades and influences others through communication and diplomacy skills; may negotiate with external parties.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Qualification and Work Experience
- Min. 1st Degree or equivalent in any discipline plus a relevant higher degree or professional qualification;
- Minimum 15 Years of Post-Graduation Work Experience;
- Minimum 10 Years of Experience in Banking;
- 3 years as Senior Manager or equivalent with experience in at least 3 major areas of banking operations.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and / or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
- Latest Job Vacancies at Fountline Telecommunications
- ACCESS BANK PLC Recruitment for Dutch Desk Manager
- Job Vacancies at First Bank of Nigeria
- Insurance Advisor Job at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Recruitment for Trainee Back Office Credit Officer
- Operations Specialist Job at Carlcare Development
- Operations Assistant Trainee Recruitment at PEC Balloons and Events
- Project Manager Job at George Houston Resources Limited
- Operations Manager Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Ongoing Recruitment at United Bank for Africa