Project Manager Job at Subsea 7
Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Vacancy ref: 62640
Job Location: Lagos
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Description Of Function
- The Project Manager is to ensure that the Contract is executed in accordance with NigerStar 7 / Subsea 7 procedures and Contract requirements, meeting targets set in terms of HSES and Quality, while achieving schedule constraints and financial objectives.
- Establish a Project Execution Plan for the completion of the Project demonstrating excellence all through.
- Put forward a clear understanding of HSEQ throughout the Project and be seen as positively influencing Safety culture and measures in all Project phases, encouraging and supporting initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective Risks and Opportunities Management system.
- Establish the Project organization and secure sufficient and qualified resources throughout the duration of the Project.
- Manage and contribute to the development of the human resources assigned to the project and ensure their yearly appraisal in liaison with the functional departments.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision making processes throughout the Project Organisation.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the Project for maximum understanding and ownership of Project goals at all levels to enhance Project performance.
- Ensure that a complete package of tender documentation is available at or immediately after Contract Award to achieve effective handover of the tender.
- Ensure at the beginning of the Contract that the detailed budget against which the Contract performance will be measured is prepared, split by Functions and Work Packages, as applicable.
- Provide regular feed back of “lessons learnt”.
- Ensure that NigerStar 7 systems and tools are in place to allow real-time monitoring of project parameters and performance indicators.
- Identify and manage Contract changes and notify Company in a timely manner, of their impact on costs, work schedule and Contract obligations.
- Ensure monitoring, co-ordination and management of the work being performed by all Function Managers, Work Package Managers, Subcontractors and Vendors involved in the Contract.
- Ensure that all internal and external interfaces are identified and closed out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Project financial results are within target or above and initiate any corrective action that may be required for this purpose.
- Accurate and timely reporting of Project status to Company and to NigerStar 7 management.
- Ensure proper closing out of the Contract, both with Company and Subcontractors.
- Prepare a Contract Completion Report highlighting deviations from schedule and budget with reasons and explanations.
- The Project Manager reports to NigerStar 7 P&O Director and to Subsea 7 Africa P&O Director.
Reporting to this position are:
- Project HSES Manager,
- Project Quality Manager,
- Project Controls Manager,
- Project Engineering Manager,
- Project Supply Chain Manager,
- Project Operations Manager,
- Project Work Package Managers,
- Project Interface Manager,
- Project Assistant.
The Project Manager will regularly interface with the following:
- COMPANY representative and its Contractors
- Main NigerStar 7 Subcontractors and suppliers
- NigerStar 7 partners
- Sale and Marketing Department
- Finance Department
- Legal Department
- Human resources Department
- Gabon, Nigeria, Angola offices and Yards
- Others Regions.
Capability Profile – Knowledge, Skills, Experience And Behaviours
- Engineering Degree associated with Mechanical, Civil, Offshore or Marine disciplines.
- Min 15 years Project Management Experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Experience within West Africa is a plus
- Experience in pipelay and EPCI projects is very essential
- Understanding of installation environment and the needs of the various disciplines supporting the project
- Fluent in English Language
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office
The Project Manager will be expected to carry out the work under the following conditions:
- Position based in Nigeria, full time.
- Standard working hours but occasionally will be expected to work extended hours to meet critical deadlines
- It is not expected that the Project Manager will have to work offshore
- It is expected that the Project Manager will have to visit fabrication yards, Construction vessels, and main Subcontractors during the course of the Project
- Sterling Bank Plc Recruitment for a Project Manager
- Project Control Engineer Job at WTS Energy
- Project Manager Job at Cooperazione Internazionale
- Apata and Ascott Limited Recruitment for a Construction General Manager
- Project Manager Job at AppZone Limited
- Money Trust Microfinance Bank Limited Recruitment for Head of Operations
- Project Engineer (Tricon CX) Job at INTECH
- Project & Product Manager Job at Opus Hive Limited
- Lead Products Partnership & Sustainability Personnel Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Event Manager