QA Engineer - Mobile Job at Interswitch Nigeria
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: QA Engineer - Mobile
Job Locations: Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan - Oyo
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Group Shared Technology
About the Position
- We are looking for Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers for our Mobile Application Team who will execute and manage exploratory and automated tests to ensure application quality
- You will design and implement tests and test frameworks, debug and define corrective actions and ensure timely delivery in a fast-paced environment
- In addition, you will partake in all stages of application development, especially during the planning stage, to proactively identify potential issues.
In summary, an ideal candidate should work to:
- Implement quality standards and measures for the Information Technology services within Interswitch with focus on mobile apps.
- Ensure products and services are delivered – apps which customers love!
- Partake in the development and launch of efficient Software Solutions to support Interswitch’s core business.
You will function in the following capacities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Partake in establishing Quality Assurance measures and testing standards for new and existing applications, throughout their life time.
- Perform industry analysis to increase own awareness on mobile application quality standards and provides insights to the Quality Assurance team
- Prepare and deliver test reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the Organization.
- Create and execute test strategies which cover identified test scenarios.
- Create and execute automated tests. An acumen for automated testing is very desirable.
- A passion to work with Software Engineers to set up and establish automated test pipelines for developed Mobile Apps.
- Very good exploratory testing skills and knowledge of best user experience practices for mobile apps.
- Follow predefined team standards to ensure quality software release.
- Support and serve as a technical expert for Interswitch's in-house applications in all stages of development, testing, and deployment.
- Create and maintain proper documentation of all testing activities.
- Review new or modified applications, including documentation, diagram, process flows and and flow charts, to determine if the applications still perform as users require and conform to guidelines.
- Perform value driven testing activities that result in consistently deploying applications that meet business requirements and systems goals while fulfilling end-user requirements.
- Identify, report and track to closure all existing or potential issues, bugs and defects.
- Make recommendations for application improvements to Software Engineers.
- Communicate application issues to the concerned development team for timely resolution.
- Ensure PCIDSS standards are met through close monitoring of outputs.
- Practical experience with mobile testing frameworks/tools such as Appium, Katalon, Espresso, TestDroid, and Calabash on native IOS and Android devices.
- Experience designing and developing mobile test automation solutions in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience in configuring, installing apps, debugging and troubleshooting IOS and Android devices.
- Demonstrated passion for mobile apps and in-depth knowledge of a variety of device firmware types, OS and related characteristics.
- Experience with QA processes – defect reporting and tracking to closure, documentation, security testing, non-functional testing e.t.c.
- Familiarity with Java, Git, Selenium WebDriver, MS SQL.
- Familiarity with Cordova, React Native and mobile development systems is a plus.
- Interest in performing manual and automated testing
- The ingenuity to think of new ways to test and identify failure points
- Proven history of striving to continuously, learn, improve and apply new technologies that will increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- The ability to stay productive and deliver value in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of Agile Process and ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 3 or more years work experience in a Software Quality Assurance role with at least 1 year as a Mobile Test Engineer.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable you work as a team player. This is very important.
- A “Can Do” attitude, relentless in finding new ways to tackle unknown scenarios and survive in unchartered waters.
- Programming experience is an added advantage.
- Understanding of development methodologies (such as Agile and Scrum).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Good organization and problem-solving skills
- Technically, previous experience with these tools is desirable: JIRA, Jenkins, Git, Ruby/Cucumber, Postman, Katalon Studio, Appium, Espresso, Calabash and Selenium Webdriver.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification is a great added
- Electrical / Electronics Engineer Job at Veepee Group Limited
- Maintenance Officer Job at synapse services
- Data Analyst Job at Havana Specialist Hospital
- Data Analyst Job at Havana Specialist Hospital
- Field Support Engineer Job at C & I Leasing Plc
- IP Operations Engineer Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Experienced Solar Installer Job at QuantumX Energy Limited
- UPS Electrical Maintenance Officer Job at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- QA / QC LEAD - EPC Job at GUS Consulting Limited
- Senior Electrical Engineer Job at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited