Research Assistant Data Collector Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. The Government of Nigeria’s Rural Access and Mobility Project (RAAMP) has awarded Jhpiego, a World Bank-funded contract to implement a mapping of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) services in the states of Akwa-Ibom, Bauchi and Ogun.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Research Assistant Data Collector
Job Locations: Akwa Ibom, Bauchi and Ogun
Reports To: State Coordinator
Duration: 15 Working Days (Between July-August, 2019)
Slot: 2 Per LGA in Each State
- The overarching RAAMP project is aimed at rehabilitating rural roads and river crossings throughout these three states
- The World Bank and Government of Nigeria recognize that the influx of construction workers into already-destabilized communities within these states exacerbates the risk of GBV, in both public and private places, by increasing trafficking, sex work and forced marriage, Hence, the goal of the GBV services assessment and mapping is to minimize and mitigate the potential risks of GBV that may arise during implementation of the RAAMP project.
- To this end, Jhpiego will profile the range of existing GBV services, as well as potential barriers to care, to improve availability and coordination of GBV services In the targeted states
- The technical assistance provided to RAAMP by Jhpiego also includes improving the referral system and developing a forum for sharing information.
- In order to effectively undertake the above tasks, Jhpiego seeks to hire qualified and experienced professional to carry out the under-listed short term consultancy services.
- The Data Collctors are expected to participate in a 3-day pre-assessment training workshop, and responsible for completing the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of the State Coordinator and Project Director.
- Participate in Training and debrief meetings
- Provide updates to Jhpiego study team throughout the period of performance through an online platform.
Data Collection Preparation:
- Ensure required tools, consent forms are complete
- Identify communities within the LGAS and plan visits
- Tablets/Mobile phones/audio recorders will be utilized to record key informant interview and FGDs responses.
- Travel to LGA of assignment and visit all communities within the LGA.
- Pay advocacy visits to Community gate keepers to solicit their support and necessary information
- Scope and identify institutions (governmental, non-governmental, faith-based, community based organizations, civil society organizations etc.) in the area that provide services relevant for survivors of GBV
- Use the survey questionnaire tool to assess current GBV prevention and response activities within the LGA of assignmentthrough Key Informant Interviews (Kil) and Focus Group Discussions (FGDs)
- Map existing GBV services in and around communities. Part of the services to be mapped include:
- Health Services Social support services
- Emergency Shelter
- Legal counsel/support
- Long-term psychosocial support (individual counseling, support group, etc.)
- Lawenforcementservices: e.g. Police Services
- Child protection services
- Economic empowerrnent/ Uvelihood services
- Determine the geographic area to be included in the referral network, based on accessibility to where most of the women live.
- Upload all responses from survey tools to the Jhpiego server as appropriate.
- Store all audio recordings securely on an external hard drive
- Deliver audio recordings to Jhpiego StudyTeam in a secure manner.
Quality Assurance of Data Cleaning:
- Coordinate with data analyst to ensure consistency and quality of interview transcripts in English
- Respond to any follow-up requests from Jhpiego study Team related to data collection or data deaning.
- Completed Qualitative interviews (KIIs) and transcribed and reported FGDs.
- Completed documented mapping of GBV services across sectors.
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Social Sciences or its equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in qualitative/quantitative data collection, specifically conducting in-depth interviews and experience in probing for clearer answers
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, patience and problem-solving abilities, diplomacy and good judgment
- Good time management skills and ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent report writing skills in English
- Familiarity with gender and gender-based violence programming is desirable and will be an added advantage
- Must be resident and have good working knowledge of the State and LGAS of interest
- Other available positions under Jhpigeo active grants.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and a CV as a SINGLE WORD document indicating preferred location to: firstname.lastname@example.org The title/subject of your email and application should be the position / Location you are applying for.
- Candidates who do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Research Consultant Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict
- Research Assistant Job at Lady Helen Child Health Foundation
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- Librarian Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Fragility and Resilience Officer Job at African Development Bank Group (AfDB
- Research & Product Development Supervisor Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Research & Product Development Officer Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
- Research Analyst (Lead) Recruitment at Nairametrics Financial Advocates Limited
- Research and Training Executive Recruitment at Attainables Entertainment Limited
- Quantity Surveyor Job at a reputable company