Risk and Compliance Officer Recruitment at Okazi Finance Limited
Okazi Finance Limited, a growing finance institute is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position : Risk and Compliance Officer
Job Location: Airport Road, Lagos
Department: Risk & Compliance
Reports to: Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
- Reviewing the compliance of the finance company operations with external legislation and regulatory policies.
- Ensuring adherence to the finance company approved organizational policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the operations of the finance company and its internal control system
- Plan and perform Audit Assignments of various processes in the operations of the finance company within the approved Annual Audit Plan
- Follow up on Anti money laundering and Counter terror financing (AML & CTF) activities and liaise with the responsible officer in credit operations on appropriate KYC documentation and AML issues.
- Prepare response to written and verbal complaints from clients addressed to the finance company and forward such response to the CBDO.
- Lead and carry out compliance mission for other related credit processes and produce accompanied reports.
- Participate in other assignments relating to credit operational risk (risk assessment).
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the CBDO.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive risk register and risk matrix for the organization.
- Monitor the risk exposure of various credit processes in the company with focus on risk evaluations and ratings.
- Ability to multi task.
Necessary Experience, Knowledge and Qualification
- B.Sc or Higher National Diploma in any related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a National MFB.
- Sound knowledge of global credit best practice, processes and procedures.
- Experience as a Credit/Loan Officer will be an added advantage
- Post graduate qualification /Professional certification will be an added advantage
- Evidence of/ demonstrate ability in these areas:
- Self-motivation to work as a Senior Risk Officer ( Compliance ) , showing the willingness and ability to learn and improve continuously.
- Good understanding of all internal regulations (the finance company set of policies and procedures) and external regulations relating to finance companies (including but not limited to CBN,NDIC, BOFIA Act).
- Honesty, integrity and independence, also observing professional ethics when executing his/her duties.
- Ability to work with limited supervision to meet deadlines and targets while demonstrating attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately identify problems, risks and propose adequate solutions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills including cooperation across departments while maintaining discretion, confidentiality and focus.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, XYZ Ltd software and other operating systems used in area of specialization)
- Report writing skills.
Results and Competencies Expected to achieve:
- Fulfill Risk and Compliance assignments within the time limits allocated. Increase efficiency with increasing experience and perform risk/compliance activities to an increasing extent independently.
- Produce a precise and clear documentation of risk and compliance work carried out, the respective analysis, conclusions and recommendations and actively participate in the discussion regarding risk and compliance results with the team lead.
- Assist with the issuing of reports concerning Risk and Compliance assignments within the set deadlines. Ability to write parts of the report to an increasing extent independently, according to quality standards of the Risk and Compliance Function and within the set time-limits.
- On own initiative, identify credit, operational and compliance risks, areas of improvement (checklists, working papers, flowcharts, processes and procedures etc.), efficiencies and synergies and make appropriate recommendations to the CBDO. Immediately notify the team lead for early warning signals and when unacceptable risk is identified and propose an appropriate solution.
- Collaborate & cooperate with other departments to ensure professional responsibilities are fulfilled in an efficient manner, with due regard for the activities of those departments.
- Open to new ideas, shares own knowledge and builds on knowledge of others, applies knowledge in daily work; builds partnerships for learning and sharing; inspires trust whilst respecting the need to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Develop knowledge of the companies set of policies and procedures and all external regulations relating to the Finance company.
- Report Writing, Presentation and interview skills.
- Ability in training others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full Application and Resume to: email@example.com
- Compliance Officer Job at NEXTZON Business Services Limited
- Compliance Monitoring Manager Job at Guiness Nigeria Plc
- Head, Risk Management & Compliance Job at KPMG
- Quantitative Risk Analyst Job at Rovedana
- Risk Officer Job at Landover Company Limited
- Team Lead, Risk Management Job at HealthPlus Limited
- Team Lead, Risk Management Job at HealthPlus Limited
- Risk & Compliance Team Lead - UPDC Plc Job at UAC of Nigeria Plc
- Risk Officer Job at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited
- Risk Manager Job at AgroMall Discovery and Extension Services Limited