Safety Officer Job at Karbak Ven Limited
Karbak Ventures Limited (ISO NG19/90729) is an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Company, with approximately two decades’ experience in Electro-Mechanical Projects for FMCG companies in West and East Africa. We have vast experience with plant/equipment installation of numerous sizes and complexity and we pride ourselves in the vast capacity built over the years in providing design, procurement and installation supports to numerous FMCG firms such as Coca Cola, Nigeria Breweries, Guinness, Friesland, PZ Wilmar, Murzah Wilmar (Tanzania), Kasapreko (Ghana), etc. and supports for OEMS such Sidel, KHS, Krones, Pentair etc
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Safety Officer (Male)
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist the Safety Manager/Supervisor in Promoting adherence to safety regulations on sites/offices
- Assist in all documentation in relation to Health and Safety on site and will be required to keep all documentation up to date.
- Collate weekly reports from site and send to safety supervisor
- Assist the HSE team during inspections/ audits and ensure compliance with standard requirement
- Assist in the daily discussion of HSE issues everyday through toolbox talks to promote and enhance HSE performance.
- Support the Safety Supervisor to prepare policies and procedures for company’s Health and Safety program which must meet the required standard.
- Be part of any emergency response team or disaster recovery team in the event of an accident.
- Provide support on Incident investigation and Root cause Analysis.
- Assist with induction and training of new employees and sub-contractor(s)
- Assist in monitoring strict implementation of permit to work, proper waste segregation and disposal on site.
- BSc or HND from a reputable institution.
- At least 1-year experience in similar role.
- ISPON Level 1-3 Certified
- Good knowledge of relevant HSE principles.
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OHSAS/EPA) and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive (Ability to think and take initiative)
- Physically fit (As tasks might involve a lot of sitting, standing, walking around and high physical activities)
- Willing to travel (Mostly within Nigeria)
- Willing to work hard
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to multitask
- Current Recruitment Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
- Site HSE Officer Job at BSS Consulting
- QHSE Advisor Job at Onstream Group
- QHSE Officer Job at Taewoo LP Ltd
- QHSE Manager Job at BIC® products
- Sales and Service Technician
- Dangote Group Recruitment for HSE Officer - Clinker Terminal
- Health & Safety Officer Job at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Ultimus Holdings
- Health Safety and Environmental Officer Job at Abuja Clinics