Sahara Group Limited Entry level Recruitment for Inventory Officer
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Position: Inventory Officer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of material management which includes; storage of mainly construction materials, merchandise, items, etc., and proper distribution those engaged in inventory management and to ensure that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards.
- He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate
- The inventory officer is responsible for monitoring the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse.
- He/she is involved in preparing the weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc.
- To liaise with procurement on expected goods and reconciliation of stock received.
- Must ensure the integrity of Inventory management system, notification of low level stock items and recommendation for order.
- To make adequate storage space for incoming stock items and proper arrangement for offloading of goods.
- To dispense stock from storage by measuring, counting and/or cutting requested amounts
- To review stock/inventory reports and use knowledge of goods and requirement trends to estimate needs and order appropriate quantities while recommending additions or deletions to standard stock items.
- To perform physical count/inventory exercise periodically and reconcile with records and /or inventory tickets; send reports to auditors or designated departments; researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Be responsible for storing materials, supplies, equipment, etc. according to weight, temperature, size, safety precautions or other concerns.
- Resolve challenges or complaints presented by staff and users/customers/vendors/agents
- To keep accurate records of stock cost prices and quantity on hand.
- Must be responsible for detailed and Accurate entry of New stock/Received stocks into the inventory management system
- Accurate / complete approval documentation for all goods issued/received from stock/store
- Ensure 100% compliance with documented stock management processes
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs particularly Microsoft excel and Microsoft word
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- Ordinary National & Higher National Diploma holders ONLY
- 1- 2 years of cognate experience on a similar role.Personality Traits:
- Possess high Integrity
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Hard working, diligent and energetic
- A team player with ability to communicate effectively across boundaries
- Pays attention to details
- Excellent numeracy and organizational skills
- Process oriented
- Procurement team
- Store keepers in other locations
- Audit department
- Accounting / Finance department
- Line Manager
- Other Companies within the group
- Project and Facility Management teams
- Project Officer Job at The Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA)
- Procurement Officer Job at Karisa Consults Limited
- Procurement Officer
- Procurement Manager Job at RusselSmith Group
- Procurement and Logistics Manager Job at Save the Children
- Purchasing Manager (QSR) Job at Eat N Go Limited
- Business Development/Procurement Officer Recruitment at a reputable company
- Procurement Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Procurement Assistant Job at Action Against Hunger
- Procurement Officer Job at Tyonex Nigeria Limited