Sales Manager (FMCG Experience) at MacTay Consulting limited
MacTay Consulting - Our client, a National Oil Company (NOC), operating within upstream and downstream sector, is looking for the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Position: Sales Manager (FMCG Experience)
Job Location: Lekki Phase I, Lagos
- Lead and develop the downstream
- Sales Team with the purpose of influencing KPI Performance positively in order to achieve the business objectives.
- Achieve Revenue / Volume and other KPIs
- Define a competitive sales strategy and Sales requirement that will ensure a competitive Route to Consumer, numeric distribution, deepen penetration/ density and delivery of relevant business targets.
- Drive and Develop new Exclusive Agents / customers in line with the company strategy.
- Responsible for Sales Capability Development of the Channel Staff and Trade partners including Vendors
- Responsible for managing and enhancing the corporate reputation of the organization via adherence to corporate governance procedure.
- Build the required discipline within our sales organisation enabling the defined field sales process and standard to be fully embedded.
- Leading the roll out of Sales force automation internally and externally to customers
- Conduct regular trade visit to enhance Sales force and, customer coaching and development.
- Optimization of sales assets
- Ensure Channel KPIs are achieved.
- Drive a winning culture; lead coaching and coordinate weekly/ monthly Regional meetings and ensure target understanding.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of new Exclusive agents /customers
- Sales Asset Deployment
- Active Vendors
- Price Compliance
Work/Business Contacts and Authority
- The entire sales team in all Channels and all levels
- Meet regularly with team, Sales Director in order to create a result-oriented, customer focused and accountable sales team in accordance with our policies and plans.
- Supply Chain – Distribution Centre, Technical and production
- Quality Assurance
- HR on sales staff and company policies.
- Finance on customer accounts etc
- Legal & Security
- Brand & Marketing.
- New Exclusive Agents.
The ideal candidatemust have:
- Minimum of first degree in Business Admin, Marketing or other related discipline or HND. MBA in Marketing or Business-related course will be an advantage.
- Must have financial, commercial and business acumen.
- Minimum of 12- 15 years post graduate experience of which 10 years must be at Managerial level in sales of FMCG with multi-cultural/multinational environment.
- IT skills (MS office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Planning, organising and coordinating skills
- Result oriented
- Must build a high-performance environment by setting uncompromising performance goals and standard and coaching and developing others to achieve them.
- Must be driven to keep the process moving, an outgoing and convincing personality, with a sense of urgency, who can communicate at all levels and persuade key stakeholders in to the right course of action.
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Analytical & Business Acumen.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Strategic Thinking.
Learning & Career Opportunities:
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Leading a team in a large organisation
- In-depth business knowledge of downstream business
- Good (internal and external) communication skills
- Business development skills
- Career development programmes locally and internationally.