Sawmill Manager Job at Willers Solutions Limited
Willers Solutions Limited - Our client, a reputable firm into multiple lines of business is looking to fill the role below:
Job Position: Sawmill Manager
Job Locations: Ondo, Cross River
- Will manage a group of people within a unionized context. Will plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control sawmill activities including activities to support production (quality, shipping, maintenance, safety, human resources and environment).
- Prepare and submit operating budgets and capital expenses. Manage approved budgets in order to attain determined performance indicators (safety frequency, transportation costs, productivity, product quality, on-time delivery).
- Develop and maintain a work climate that favors the mobilization and commitment of internal and external partners.
- Assure staff development and training by optimal use of their skills.
- Determine the number and type of continuous improvement activities required to attain and exceed performance indicators.
- Optimize the saw line/planer and adapt other production components in order to maximize productivity or remedy operating difficulties. (Controlling stacking quality, wood inventory (length/size) and inventory rotation.
- Coordinate the service and manufacturing equipment suppliers in order to optimize maintenance and maximize operation.
- Responsible for dealing with regulating authorities and ensure the company is compliant.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Wood Tech, Engineering, Forest Resource Management or any related preferred or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years’ Experience as Sawmill Manager.
- Preferred Candidates must have Nigeria working experience and should be Nationalities of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, or Thailand etc.
- Business Experience working in a Sawmill Business with financial and labour relations concepts responsibilities is a must.
- Demonstrated track record of success to raise operational performance.
- Knowledge and ability in utilizing computerized systems.
- Must be accessible following operational needs required by the position.
- Mobilizing and coaching leadership, ability to provide supportive feedback and to deal with conflicts.
- Ability to influence and to lead the team to reach determined objectives.
- Strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, time management and delegation skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operation analysis, Continuous Improvement and problem solving.
- Capacity to instill a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV (MS Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Sawmill Manager” as the email subject.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted
- Assistant Electrical Technician Job at a reputable Oil and Gas company
- Production Technician Job at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited
- HVAC Technician Job at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Welding Technician Job at NLIGHTIN
- Industrial Electrician Recruitment at Joetronics International Limited
- Electrical Technician Job at NLIGHTIN
- Lab Technician Job at Aureole Consulting
- Technician Job at Prorich Product
- Pharmacy Technician Job at Outreach Medical Services
- Laboratory Technician Job at Yourfirm Consults & Integrates Limited