Senior Accountant Job at Infostrategy Technology Limited
Infostrategy Technology Nigeria is an Information, Communication and Software Technology firm incorporated in Nigeria. We operate with a burning passion to transform the technological terrain of Africa by delivering value to clients through innovative and effective leverage of cutting-edge technology solutions.
We combine sound knowledge of world class technology to design, implement and support business transformation in areas of web and mobile application, software, service and storage systems installation, networking technologies and technology procurement. We have an in-depth understanding on how technology accelerates success, and are passionate about attracting and supporting unique talents in growing our business and driving operational excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Abuja
Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports to: Managing Director
- The senior accountant will be responsible for performing cost accounting functions, capturing income, generating financial report, budgeting, filing, taxation, business recommendations and other accounting related issues in the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly overseeing the finance & accounts department to ensure timely delivery of monthly management report.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring effective financial data management systems.
- Preparation of weekly report and supervision of petty cash.
- Ensure that the finance & accounting tasks are completed accurately and according to deadline schedule for the team.
- Filing of the organization’s statutory returns.
- Coordinate the collation of all vouchers and post accordingly in the accounting software.
- Computing and remitting the company’s TAX to the relevant tax authority.
- Monthly reconciling of all accounts with service providers and detection of fraudulent activities
- Analyzing current financial performance relative to previous years and re-aligning the company's financial decisions as needed.
- Supervise the crediting of Vendors and processing of all transactions.
- Working closely with all departments to contribute in process improvement initiatives.
- Administer and monitor the daily financial systems of the organization.
- Filing and updating of accounting Systems
- Provide advice to the MD on critical financial matters and communicating these in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Responsible for the supervision of the account team and ensure the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure all expenses are recorded and balanced daily.
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Prepare journal entries and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements, etc.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet work papers and ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expenses
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- A First Degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in finance and accounting.
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task.
- Knowledge of management accounting is essential.
- An Audit background is an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of accounting policies and Procedures
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous and attention to detail.
- Must be resident in Abuja.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Cover Letter and CV to as a single Word Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the mail should be the Job Title.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be
- Accountant (Youth Corps Member) Recruitment at Rossland Screening Solutions
- Chartered Accountant Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Cashier Job at Rossland Group
- Account Manager Job at Hazon Holdings
- Accountant (M / W / D) Job at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Finance Manager Job at Telinno Consulting Limited
- Account Assistant Job at Daily Need Distributions Company
- Chief Financial Officer Job at Deodar Controls Limited
- Cashier Job at Y2K-Dish Electrical Technical Company
- Accountant Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited