Senior Automation and Control Engineer
AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited; a foremost Engineering consulting company in Nigeria rendering the following services in the power sector: Hands-on Technical Training, Power Projects and Consulting Services, Technical Recruitment and Outsourcing Services, Procurement and Supply of Power Equipment and Facilities Management Services to the Power Sector
Due to the need for expansion, and necessity to meet the request from our clients, we hereby seek application from suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Automation and Control Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Managerial Experience/Responsibility should include some of the following:
- Provide technical supervision, guidance and expertise for front-end engineering consultation and project team.
- Liaise with third party contractor ensuring adherence to project set goals and quality of services.
- Leading project teams with observance to timescales and budgets.
- Ensure process & automation design activities are carried out uniformly and to the company standard specifications.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Identify and review new technology development which could be applicable in providing more cost effective designs.
- Collaborate, build relationships and manage interfaces between disciplines,
- Ensure implementation of applicable codes and standards to achieve high level of safety and technical integrity of the facilities.
- Lead and motivate the electrical, control & automation design team to ensure projects are designed safely, on time and within budget, working closely with project discipline and operations teams
- Responsible for designing electrical wiring diagram
- Human resource capacity development-training of subordinates to enhance their efficiency in areas of electronic, electrical and automation engineering in other to enhance their ability to carry out current and future task in other to ensure an overall increase in knowledge & experience.
- Use of Ms-PowerPoint
- Sound knowledge of use of Computer Software across multi-discipline.
- Interest in Research and Self Development.
- B.Eng/B.Sc/HND in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field.
- 8-10 years working experience in a project driven industrial or manufacturing or Oil and Gas Industry
- A member of COREN/NSE will be an added Advantage.
Candidates should possess the following Skill:
- Advance Programming and Maintenance of Programmable Logic Controller
- Sound knowledge of Installation and Programming Ultrasonic Controller.
- Sound knowledge of Installation and Calibration of I to P Converter.
- Perform Proper Control Valve/ Transducer Calibration /Documentation (Samson, Foxboro, Fisher, WaItson Smith etc.)
- Process control and tuning of Process controller.
- Selection, Installation and Calibration of DP transmitter.
- Sound knowledge of Installation and Calibration of Temperature / Pressure transmitter and others.
- Familiar with the use of Process Meter (Preferably Fluke 744,754 series)
- Interpret P & ID drawing
- Sound knowledge of Parameterization of Siemens MM440 Series (and others) VSD
- Ability to Troubleshoot of PLC Controls System (Hardware & Software)
- Ability to Interpret Electrical and Control Schematic diagram
- Ability to carry out Selection/Sizing of components for Automation Controls system
- Selection/Sizing of components for Electrical and Control system
- Ability to work with Relevant Electrical Standards (NEC, IEE, NFPA, NEMA, BS, IEC etc.)
- Sound knowledge of Programming and Maintenance of Siemens Programmable Logic Controller S7-200 and S7-300
- Sound knowledge of Programming and Maintenance of Any Allen Bradley PLC
- Sound knowledge of Design, installation and Configuration of SCADA System (eg Intouch WonderWare, FactoryTalkView V6.0, WinCC Flexible or similar)
- Fair knowledge of Installation and Commissioning of Pump Control Panel
- Ability to Design Motor Control Circuit (Direct On-Line, Star-Delta, Dynamic Braking, Forward –Reverse Starter, Sequential control system, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Troubleshooting PLC Communication Related Problems (on Profibus, Ethernet/IP, DF1, DH+, DH485 etc.).
- Field Support Engineer
- Electrical & Mechanical Engineer
- Junior Construction Manager, Building Construction at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Internal Service Engineer at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Engineer (In the field of technical building equipment) at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Junior Construction Manager, Infrastructure at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Indoor Service Engineer at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Plant Manager at Dangote Group
- UAC of Nigeria Plc Technical Trainee Recruitment 2018