Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Global Banking Programme 2020
Global Banking supports clients financial needs across more than 60 markets, providing solutions to over 5,3000 clients in some of the world’s fastest-growing economies and most active trade corridors. Our clients include large corporations, governments, banks and investors headquartered, operating or investing in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Our strong and deep local presence across these markets enables us to facilitate trade, capital and investment flows in and for our footprint, including across China’s Belt and Road initiative.
Our Global Banking team provides client coverage through global Industries group, financial & strategic investors group, banks and broker dealers, global subsidiaries, investors and insurance, commercial real estate focused Relationship Managers.
We collaborate increasingly with other segments: introducing Commercial Banking services to our clients’ ecosystems – their networks of buyers, suppliers, customers and service providers – and offering our clients employee banking services through Retail Banking.
The programme provides a comprehensive grounding in corporate and commercial banking, and will see you working directly with a diverse range of business and corporate customers alongside our Corporate/Financial Institutions Bankers. You can explore how your skills can adapt to different areas of our business while developing new skills to help kick-start your career in the Global Banking. Here are some projects you could be involved in:
- Generate creative ideas on customer acquisition and products/ services
- Partner with Relationship Managers to structure client transactions, acquiring insight into product development, deal execution and digital banking
- Prepare customer credit proposals
- Credit Analysis
- Relationship Management
- Work directly with new clients to learn, analyse and identify opportunities to advance their business, developing a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, and expertise in the products we offer
- Map, mine and implement cross sell opportunities to expand existing client relationships
Your career progression
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Global Banking. These could be in areas such as:
What you’ll do over 18 months
4 weeks International induction – This comprises of classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business stream.
11 months training rotation – Your will spend three months in your focus area and go on to broaden your experience with further two months rotations in Financial Markets, Corporate Finance*, Transaction Banking and Risk.
6 months Business rotation – Your last rotation will be six months in your focus area in Global Banking. It’s your chance to find the team you fit into best, and begin your Standard Chartered career.
*This will depend on whether your location has a Corporate Finance offering.
You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines. And as English is our business language, it needs to be at least one of those you speak fluently. These are our only requirements as our selection and assessment system is designed to measure strengths, fit to our business and cognitive agility, we do not shortlist based on your university and grades.
For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you’re applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
- N-Power Application Portal 2020 - Apply Now
- Microsoft Corporation Full-time Student & Recent Graduate Recruitment 2020
- Graduate Relationship Analyst Recruitment at Lidya
- Investment Analyst Job at Lidya
- OPEC Young Professional Development Program 2020
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at MULTIPRO Consumer Product Limited_Tolaram Group
- IpNX Nigeria Limited NYSC, Pre-service & I.T Internship Programme 2020
- Bank Teller Job at Jofad Consulting Limited
- United Bank for Africa Recruitment for Currency Trader
- Treasury Sales Officer Job at United Bank for Africa