System Administrator Job at DBH Solutions
DBH Advisory Limited is an African infrastructure and information technology company primarily based in Nigeria, West Africa. We are industry leaders in providing quality standards based infrastructure and technology solutions to a wide range of sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: System Administrator
Job Location: Lagos
- Build and lead the system administration team to be one of the fastest growing, highest quality MSP's in the West Africa with high customer satisfaction and low overhead due to efficient deployment of standard processes.
- Ensure a world class customer service experience for our firm’s managed services clients, minimizing downtime and interruption to their operations.
- Utilize the DBH Group support engineering team on a scheduled basis to carry out projects and meet vital deadlines as well as to ease transition to support.
- Work with DBH Group account managers to ensure appropriate recommendations and strategies are employed to meet clients’ critical business objectives.
- Ensure successful system deployments based on standard business platforms (ie. Windows Server, Exchange Server/Online, , Windows Desktop Operating System, Mac OSX, Microsoft Office 365), networking LAN/WAN hardware (ie. firewalls, routers, managing telco circuits and communications, DNS records), network security solutions (ie. antivirus, DLP tools, vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools) and data protection/backup solutions including cloud-based solutions.
- Maintain ownership of client accounts by providing Level I (service desk), Level II and Level III support and senior guidance.
- Mentor and guide the firm’s Level I service desk staff.
- Ensure our regulated clients maintain minimum levels of compliance.
- Work within the support engineering team as technical lead and escalation point on major impacting systems issues
- Make positive contributions to the company’s internal infrastructure environment and to the company’s practices and procedures for the care of our growing client base.
Service Desk Responsibilities
- Respond to incoming calls and e-mails regarding information technology problems, using our service desk platform(s).
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform basic network administration tasks, such as setting up new user accounts and granting access to network resources.
- Communicate with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Manage service desk daily activities
- Serve as service desk dispatcher including coordination of technician schedules
- Prioritize and dispatch support tickets
- Maintain awareness of all client issues and ensure proper ticket resolution
- Understand and define service desk objectives to drive quality and efficiency
- Maintain business awareness to drive growth and client relationships
- Design, document and maintain service desk processes
- Define metrics and key performance indicators to service desk improvement
- Provide technical leadership while driving problem investigation and resolution as required
- Provide customer-service leadership while aligning customer goals with service team objectives
- Manage remote monitoring and management systems to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Continually seek opportunities to grow and learn so as to lead by example
Additional Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Effectively develop, manage and maintain relationships with all technical staff, subcontractors, vendor partners and client representatives for managed services accounts and projects
- Assists DBH Group Executives in identifying roles and responsibilities for technical resources
- Help hire, develop, and manage key personnel (such as desktop/network technicians, and subject matter experts in Microsoft, Cisco and other applications, networking and network security technologies)
- Supervise projects and interface with administrative staff for billing and collections, HR and any other aspects of operating the business
- Maintain utilization of the team to achieve group profitability goals and coordinate all technical proactive and reactive maintenance activities for recurring revenue accounts, time and materials based or project-based accounts and firm-wide hardware/software/procurement activities
- Evaluate the operation of the business and identify operating problem areas for Executives
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties and provide recommendation of solutions to the Executives
Min Required Educational Qualifications
- 2.1 B.Sc in Computer Science or B.Eng Computer Engineering degrees.
- 5+ years post-NYSC system administration experience
- In depth knowledge of multiple operating systems including UNIX/Linux; Microsoft Windows Server (2003+); Mac OS
- Knowledge of and experience with Voice infrastructure
- Knowledge of and experience with network infrastructure
- Familiarity with relational database administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail
- IT / Digital Communications Officer Recruitment at Cotton Suites Limited
- Account Technology Strategist Job at Microsoft Nigeria
- Information Technology Analyst Job at Prelado Prisa Limited (PPL)
- Head of Technology Job at Fosad Consulting
- IT Business Analyst Job at Jemi-Neil Consulting
- Senior IT Project Manager Job at INITS Limited
- Graphics Designer Job at Tempkers
- IT Business Analyst Job at Jemi-Neil Consulting
- iOS Mobile Developer Job at Riby
- Senior Data Engineer Job at Andela Nigeria