TOTAL Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Mechanical Engineer
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Mechanical Engineer
Offer ID: 18416BR
Job Location: Lagos-EKO1 TWR(NGA)
Métier: Upstream Operations
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Provide technical support and advise, and act as focal technical authority to the site maintenance teams regarding rotating equipment engineering
- Lead and advise the development and planning of rotating equipment modifications and improvement projects, ensuring safety, cost-effectiveness, execution timeliness with adherence to Company standards and specifications
- Review and control the standardization of materials and spare parts for rotating equipment and related systems
- Review stock quantities and other inventory control management, ensuring all spare parts are available for routine, preventive, corrective defect and shutdown maintenance
- Assist and advise the Mechanical Head in the preparation of budgets, contracts, shutdowns, modifications, warranty claims, vendor mobilization and all other support functions related to the mechanical section
- Ensure the usage of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) within his/her domain.
- Create and develop a condition-monitoring template including execution of vibration measurements and oil/grease sampling on site. Through contractors, troubleshoot complex or recurring mechanical problems and recommend sound and cost effective solutions
- Define and monitor the implementation of rotating equipment packages preventive and corrective maintenance programmes
- Propose and justify recommendations for the improvement of equipment availability, reliability, efficiency and maintainability
- Prepare cause tree failure analysis foe equipment breakdown and issue relevant recommendations
- Liaise with vendors and the original equipment manufacturers for all queries related to rotating equipment fleet, spare parts, drawings and the resolution of technical problems
- Create Maintenance Equipment Log Book (MELB) and ensure all drawings, plans, manual and MELB are up-to-date and “as-built”
- Direct draftsmen to carry out all corrections to reflect any alterations, modifications and additions to mechanical equipment systems
- Supervise work completed by contractors (either on Site or at Contractor’s workshop) to ensure compliance and submit same to the Head of Mechanic for endorsement and payment processing
- Follow-up on the statutory rotating equipment inspection of assets, integrity assurance and certifications
- Minimum of BSc. in Engineering field (preferably Mechanical Engineering) and at least Second Class Upper
- 6 - 10 years with rotating (including turbo machineries) and static equipment preferably within the oil or petrochemical industries,
- High level of knowledge of mechanical equipment, maintenance systems and methods
- Possess a sound understanding of engineering principles
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team management skills
- Proficiency in English language
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert
- Senior Crane & Marine Equipment Engineer H / F Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- Software Engineer Job at Big Field Digital Limited
- Network Engineer Job at Ericsson Nigeria
- Manager - Mechanical Design Engineer Job at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Heavy Duty Driver / Mechanic Recruitment at Jocaro Nigeria Limited
- Automation & Integration Testing Engineer Recruitment at Ascentech Services Limited
- Civil Project Engineer Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Workshop Manager Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer Recruitment at eHealth Africa
- Azure Software Support Engineer - Level 3 Recruitment at Tek Experts