TOTAL Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Metering Engineer
Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Metering Engineer
Offer ID: 18418BR
Job Location: Lagos
Métier: Upstream Operations
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Prepare and manage maintenance plan, spare inventory and all other related administrative tools in the Systems, Applications and Products Software (SAP) as regards metering maintenance on site
- Prepare and update the metering manuals and related operating procedures.
- Ensure that periodical Crude oil meter proving exercise and the system recertification exercise (prover loop calibration etc.) are carried-out as provided for by the regulations (especially DPR regulations)
- Ensure the Quarterly system validation of the Gas fiscal metering system are properly carried out with no issues with the Authorities and NLNG
- Ensure proper maintenance and reliability of other metering systems and Analyzers
Instrumentation/ Distributed Control System (DCS):
- Specify the new technical and commercial metering systems in co-operation with instrumentation specialists
- Work closely with instrumentation Maintenance Methods during metering interventions
- Provide and clarify flow rate equation formulae to be entered/ entered on the DCS
- Advise the laboratory personnel on the possible sources of uncertainties in laboratory methods of fluid measurement and propose means of improvement
- Advice on the optimal representation of fluid samples required to achieve best results based on the sampling points
- Assure the integrity of well test, gas lift and water injection metering and proffer improvements where necessary
- Interface with the Well Performance & Reservoir team; and communicate the reliability of well test measurements
- When required, assist the Process Engineer in carrying out metering related studies concerning environment, production, etc.
- Advice the Team Lead of contractual constraints and obligations related to metering field operations
- Advise, comment, analyze the technical contract terms as relates metering
- Verify and study the metering contract data and specifications, and propose update when required
- Supervise the execution of specific maintenance contracts applicable to the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) on site and ensure optimal usage of contracted resources
- Supervise work completed by contractors (either on site or at Contractor’s workshop) and site teams, ensure compliance, effect necessary corrections, and submit to the Head of Instrumentation/ ICSS/ Metering
- At least, BSc. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and other related engineering disciplines with at least, second class upper
- 2 -5 years working experience in an oil producing, manufacturing or oil service Company
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of flow measurement, analytical instruments and general instrumentation, including requirements of gas, fluid metering, calibration and verification
- Knowledge of Control Systems and associated field instrumentation
- Good knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, applicable metering and measurement standards and codes of practice
- Good relational, presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literate, with a knowledge of computerized process systems.
- Ability and desire to find technically and financially optimal solutions
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert
- Van Sales Representative Job at Pavoreal Industries Limited
- Internal Audit Executive Job at Total Health Trust Limited
- Office Assistant Job at Technoton Limited
- Commercial Assistant Job at Technoton Limited
- Service Engineer Job at Technoton Limited
- Job Vacancies in an Engineering and Technical Services Firm based in Lagos
- Sales Engineer Job at DMS Automations Limited
- Executive Secretary
- Job Vacancies at The U.S Consulate General in Lagos and U.S. Embassy in Abuja
- Ongoing Recruitment in a Foremost Steels and Metal Construction Company in Nigeria