UN Human Rights 2018 Fellowship Programme 2018
The Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent provides the participants with an intensive learning opportunity to deepen their understanding of the United Nations human rights system, instruments and mechanisms, with a focus on issues of particular relevance to people of African descent. The Fellowship Programme will allow the participants to better contribute to the protection and promotion of civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries.
In the framework of the Programme of Activities for the Implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent, this year the Fellowship will be held from 19 November to 7 December 2018 in Geneva, Switzerland.
Each fellow is entitled to a return ticket (economy class) from the country of residence to Geneva; basic health insurance; and a stipend to cover modest accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the Programme.
Who can apply?
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The candidate needs to have sufficient command of the English language to be able to participate fully in the programme.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidates must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
The selection of the fellows will reflect gender and regional balance. The human rights situation of People of African Descent in the respective countries will also be taken into consideration.
Please note, that because of the volume of messages, applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Method of Application?
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents in one single e-mail to email@example.com :
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A completed, signed and scanned Application Form in one single document.
- A Personal Statement (maximum 500 words) in which the candidate will explain his/her motivation for applying, and how he/she will use the knowledge gained from the fellowship to promote the interests and rights of people of African descent.
- An Official Letter from the nominating organization or community certifying the status
- A copy of the applicant’s passport.
Please note that submissions with more than five attachments will not be accepted.
Important: Please mention in the subject header of your e-mail: “Application for the 2018 Fellowship Programme for People of African Descent.”
Name the attached document as follows:
LAST NAME First name – Type of document
Example: SMITH Jacqueline – Application form.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – A Personal Statement.doc
SMITH Jacqueline – Letter certifying Status.pdf
SMITH Jacqueline – Passport.pdf
- Unicaf University is offering up to 75% Scholarships for its online Bachelor's, Master's and PhD's!
- Psychotherapist, Psychosocial Support at Malteser International
- Resources Management Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Regional Administrator at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Country Director at Equal Access Nigeria
- Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) One Year Agricultural Training Programme 2018
- Operations Manager at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Programme Manager at Palladium Group
- Child Protection Case Worker at International Rescue Committee
- State Finance Officer at Malaria Consortium