United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Entry-level Recruitment for Tellers
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Teller
Reference No: HRTRCQ218
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Functions: Banking
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
- Represent the bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- To accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings withdrawals
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained
- Ensure proper and accurate balancing of cash transactions on a daily basis and ensure there is no pending transaction left on the system before closing for the day.
- Promote the bank’s products and services by cross-selling, ascertaining customers need and directing customers to the customer relationship officers or officers concerned.
- Escalate issues on cash shortage, overpayment, loss and theft.
- Associated adhoc assignments
- Comply with all bank and regulatory body policies, procedures and regulations
- Answer customer inquiries and refers customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Other duties as assigned by the Cash Officer
- Verify and receive loan and utility bills payments.
- Time-stamp(Validate) and signature-verify all customers’ requests and refer those that require call-back/status approval to supervisor for action
- Reconciles cash drawer by proving cash transactions; counting and packaging the money, turning in excess cash and mutilated currency to head teller; maintaining supply of cash and currency
- Minimum Educational level- OND in any related discipline
- Age: 27 years and below
- Minimum experience- NIL
- Previous teller experience preferred
- Basic Accounting and Mathematical skills
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Familiar with retail banking regulations and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees:
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Good Numerical skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
- Fast and error free processing
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Good team player
- Senior Investment Analyst at ARM Life Plc
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment for Business Support Officer at ARM Life Plc
- Business Analyst at Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Plc
- Merchant Acquiring Officer at Accion Microfinance Bank (AMfB)
- Entry-Level Teller at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Retail Executive/Financial Advisor
- Head, Vehicle and Asset Finance at Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Plc
- Senior Regulatory Liaison at Stanbic IBTC Bank Nigeria Plc
- Manager, Banking Relations and Treasury at WACOT Limited
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank