User Researcher Job at Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks - Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa - as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: User Researcher
Job Location: Nigeria
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you're:
- Interested in building products used by our customers at a rapid pace.
- A creative thinker with a working knowledge of mixed research methods including experimental design and data synthesis
We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we're happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams. As an engineer here you'd be able to work directly with anyone across the company.
About this Role
What will you be doing as User Researcher?
- We are seeking a passionate, driven and proven User researchers to play an integral role in the early stage development of the SPOC and its products.
- This is a multi-faceted role that will touch many aspects of user research, UX design and product marketing. We are seeking an experienced candidate who thrives in work environments that require strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Successful candidates will not only have a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies, but also will deliver both highly analytical, as well as highly creative ideas, to product teams and other key stakeholders.
How Will You Create Impact?
- A part of this role you will work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and other User Researchers to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential customers and how to create a better product that solves their problems and meets their needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research that deepens our understand of the user base for a variety of digital products, as well as change initiatives
- Collect and analyze user behavior through ethnographic research, analytics/server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), card sorting, benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys
- Effectively communicate research insights & findings to product teams and stakeholders, leading with data-driven analysis, via written reports and oral presentations
- Grow our user research and insights capability as our product teams and portfolio expand, establishing an effective and continuous user engagement process
How Will We Help You Grow?
- In a design career at SPOC, you will learn how to best understand clients’ needs, collaborate with a wide variety of technical and nontechnical professionals, and manage your own teams.
- You will become an expert in your field and will have the opportunity to have an impact on world-leading enterprises.
This might be for you if...
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, autonomous, able to tolerate ambiguity, self-motivated
- Ability to provide analytical advice, excellent written & verbal communication with presence and maturity
- Substantial experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, and usability studies, both live and remotely
- Exceptional process skillsexhibits strong followthrough and accountability
- Strong work ethic & service-mentality
- Extremely strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability
Nice to have
- An understanding of psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, human-centered design, or other related field
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing UX research studies, with global scope
- Experience with a breadth of UX research techniques, including ethnographic research, quantitative/qualitative analysis, online experiments (A/B and usability testing), card sorting, concept provocation and surveys
- A working knowledge of mixed research methods including experimental design and data synthesis
- A portfolio demonstrating your research work and if applicable, design work, is a plus
What the hiring process looks like... typically
- Found a great role? Great!
- Focus on your resume.
- This is the first piece of information we’ll see about you, so highlight your most relevant achievements and experience
- We interview differently.
- It Starts with a phone call
- With the Hiring Manager. Then an onsite interview with a few key team members. (Number of Interviews can Vary by role and seniority)
- Got the job?
- The Hiring process can at times stretch out over weeks. However If you are the final candidate, you will be contacted to discuss the job offer.
What can you expect from us? We offer good people, inspiring work and the opportunity to help build great products as well as the following benefits:
- To ensure that we recognise and reward when your responsibilities increase, we review salaries every 6 months.
- Get the work-tool of your choice plus accessories to improve your workflow.
Work From Home:
- Get things done-from home or an office. We encourage everyone to work from home twice a week to keep us remote-friendly.
- 20 days paid holiday in a year-we encourage you to use them up, too! An additional month of unpaid work is also on the table!
- In building together, we're thinking about your future, too. We also care about your statutory rights.
- Regular internal knowledge sharing sessions on dedicated days. We encourage teams or individuals to share fascinating stuff.
- Online and offline access to books and subscriptions about startups, programming, design, finance and more.
Learning and Development:
- Access to local and international trainings to improve your skills.
- Socials every month including go-karting, board game nights, dinners, samba, drumming and movie nights. There’s no pressure to attend. Retreats are a thing, too.
- Private health insurance and paid sick leave (for both your physical and mental health).
Maternity And Paternity Leave:
- Babies are like products. We don't want you to miss the biggest launch of your life.
- Thrice a week. In addition, there's fresh fruits, biscuits, tea/coffee and soft drinks in the office—you're in for a treat!
- We care about your wellbeing—physical and mental. While you're building products, you might as well as well build your body and mind
- We understand that everyone's situation is different, that you may be able to dedicate more or less time to our hiring process, or have other restrictions
- If any of our process is challenging for you and you'd like us to offer alternative or special arrangements, please let us know. We're committed to finding the right people, and don't want anyone to be excluded because of their circumstances.
- Questions about this role? Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graphics / UI Designer Job at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Java Developer Job at ByteWorks Technology Solutions
- Software Developer Job at eHealth4everyone Limited
- Graduate Linux System Administrator Recruitment at eHealth4everyone Limited
- eHealth4everyone Limited Recruitment for a Backend Developer
- Front-end Engineer Job at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Web Developer Job at Touchcore Technology Limited
- Graphics Designer Job at Touchcore Technology Limited
- Android /Java Developer Job at Access Solutions Limited
- Frontend Developer Job at LONGBRIDGE