Utility Technical Specialist
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
RTI International, hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Utility Technical Specialist
Job Locations: Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, Taraba
Slot: 6 Openings
RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- Your responsibilities will include working with the SWB to develop Performance Improvement Plans, support implementation, and monitor progress against targets. This position will support the SWBs to ensure that there are clearly defined and developed Asset Maintenance and Management (AMM) Systems that will ensure sustainable water systems that can continue working properly for the intended lifetime of the infrastructure. O&M will be incentivized through the SWB Action Plan KPIs and subsequent departmental PIPs.
- Working with the SWB determine cost of meeting immediate measures to improve delivery of water services assist in selection and technical monitoring of contracts issued under the utility support fund for the state. Design and support implementation of performance improvement measures including non-revenue water reduction strategies.
- Design appropriate urban sanitation improvement plans at the main city on fecal sludge management, collection and transportation and treatment approaches.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Master's Degree in Engineering, Utility Management, Water Supply and Sanitation, Executive Management of Water and Sanitation Programs.
- A minimum of Master's Degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Experience in designing performance improvement plans for utilities water or electricity.
- Proven experience in developing non-revenue water control strategies, customer management etc
- Knowledge and understanding of utility asset management practices, water utility operations from source to tap including basic understanding of treatment methods
- Understanding different solutions for fecal sludge management, development of urban sanitation city plans.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application Letters and CV's as one single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org Using the Job Title and Location as the subject e.g "IPDS Abia", "IPDS Delta", "IPDS Imo", "IPDS Niger", "IPDS Sokoto" or "IPDS Taraba" (no other text should be on this subject line) If you would like to be considered in 2 or more states, then you have to submit two or more applications but stating the states of your interest as per the above instruction.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis hence i.e we stop recruiting as soon as the right candidate is found. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. This is a re-advertisement hence you are required to re-apply if you had done so earlier. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
- This is a re-advertisement KINDLY re-apply if you had done so earlier.
- Community Mobilization Officer Job at Save the Children
- Latest Recruitment at the British High Commission, April 2019
- Livelihoods and Food Security Officer Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Community Mobilization Officer Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Assistant Technical Officer, Safe Healing & Learning at FHI 360
- Nigerian Prisons Service Shortlists Candidates For Interview 2019
- United Nations Human Rights Fellowship Programme for People of African Decent
- Norwegian Embassy Programme Officer Recruitment
- U.S. Embassy Foreign Language Teaching Assistant Program 2019
- International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2019