Weatherford Nigeria Recruitment for Operations Manager - DS
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager - DS
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Family: Operations Management
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and understand Weatherford’s Enterprise Excellence Process, the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment:
- A safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
- Enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
- Promoting safe work practices;
- Attending mandatory monthly safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Conform and understand general QHSE requirements
- Lead team of DD field engineers.
- Coordinate field engineer job assignments for maximum job coverage and efficiency.
- Evaluate First Reports on daily basis.
- Supervise field engineer’s job performance and correct any deficiencies as needed.
- Evaluate DD data collected from field on daily basis and distribute as needed.
- Review and evaluate field engineer’s career development and progress.
- Execute the comprehensive training program for field engineers.
- Prioritize maintenance schedules to insure maximum utilization of available equipment.
- Ensure procedures are followed to verify proper operation of all equipment, either in the shop or on the rig site.
- Maintain an accurate motor run history and tool performance history. Interface with shop foreman and field personnel to ensure maximum motor reliability.
- Ensure complete compliance with all government agencies.
- Prepare monthly report on current job activity, special projects, tool performance summary.
- Review field engineers on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance of all safety rules.
- Ensure that the DD incident reporting process is communicated, understood and implemented.
- Report equipment failures immediately as per the Field Incident Reporting Procedure
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience in oilfield activities.
- Strong “hands on” engineering background
- Good communication (both written and oral), presentation, leadership/supervisory/team and organizational skills.
- Capable of multitasking and working effectively under pressure.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Earth Sciences or equivalent experience.
Skills & Knowledge:
- User of WORD and EXCEL software
- Understanding of Computer application within the proposed job environment
- Ability to generate clear and concise reports in a timely and professional manner.
- Well developed communication skills across product lines and at management level.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Drilling Systems products and services,
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills. Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Previous engineering management experience is an asset, Minimum of 5 years hands on engineering experience in an oilfield equipment servicing environment.
- Palladium Group Recruitment for Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager- Nigeria IHP
- Project Officer Job at Greenlight Planet
- Project Manager Job at Habike Queens World Limited
- Project Manager Job at MTN Nigeria
- Project Coordinator Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Project Manager Job at StreSERT Services Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Operations Officer Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Deloitte Nigeria Recruitment for Head of Operations
- Head - Project Management Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)