Accounts Payable Officer
Tomato Jos is an African agricultural production company that believes in the power of farming and processing local food products for local consumption. Tomato Jos not only produces the best quality tomato products but we also leave a foot print in the lives of those we encounter every day. Our mission is to make tomato production a sustainable, profitable business for the farmers with whom we work.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accounts Payable Officer
Job Location: Igabi LGA, Kaduna State. Applicants must be willing to relocate to the area. Certain projects may involve travel, which Tomato Jos will accommodate.
Start Date: January 2018
The Position and Mission
- To maintain an organized financial accounting system with strong controls that supports the operations of the company.
- Employee will work closely with the operational and financial teams to provide accounting support.
- Employee will report to the Financial Controller. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Assist with accounts receivable functions including but not limited to:
- Applying payments to appropriate accounts.
- Assist with payroll functions including but not limited to:
- Collecting timekeeping information.
- Reviewing all time cards for accuracy.
- Costing of timecards.
- Issuing pay.
- Recording payroll records for the company.
- Reconciling customer/vendor/outgrower accounts.
- Handling customer/vendor/outgrower inquiries.
- Assist Financial Controller to maintain compliance with all appropriate financial regulatory authorities
- Filing all appropriate accounts receivable documents (both online and physical copies)
- Any pay-related information to employees.
- Prepare monthly allowance documents every month
- Reconcile transactions as needed
- Manage imprest (petty cash) including disbursals and submitting remittance reports
- Assist Financial Controller in weekly reconciliation of accounts and in monthly closing of books
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Assist with accounts payable functions including but not limited to:
- Verifying invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase requisitions
- Filing all appropriate accounts payable documents (both online and physical copies)
- Entering data into accounts.
- Confirming the integrity of financial transactions by getting source documents to back up all transactions
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting preferable
- 2-5 years of work experience preferable
- Professional qualification (ICAN/ACCA).
- Familiar with online accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks, Peach Tree, Xero etc.)
- Comfortable with numbers
- Intermediate MS Excel and Word ability
- Must have professional appearance with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well in teams, with people from different cultures and education levels.
- Must have an extremely high sense of integrity.
- Must be honest and truthful in all relationships with Tomato Jos and its employees.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently.
- Must possess good time management skills and work well under pressure.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to quickly identify problems and propose solutions.
- Not more than 26 years.
- Position available immediately.
- If hired, employee will undergo a preliminary three-month evaluation period.
- At the end of the evaluation period, Tomato Jos will evaluate employee’s performance for consideration of full-time employment.
- Employee is expected to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with an hour lunch break, and Saturdays depending on workload.
Application Closes on..
19th December, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes or CV's and Cover Letter to email, Subject line should read "Accounts Payable Officer".
- Financial Accountant
- Finance / Stock Administrator
- FHI 360 Latest Job Vacancies, January 2018
- Maersk Line Recruitment for a French-Speaking Tax Analyst
- Receivable Accounts Officer Job at Promasidor
- Account Officer
- Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Latest Recruitment 2018
- Junior Account Manager via Commercial Development Program
- Elizade University Academic and Non-Academic Staff Recruitment 2018