Environmental Specialist Vacancy at World Bank Group
The International Financial Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it is needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
In 2015, the World Bank Group launched a recruitment mission to attract Sub Saharan African professionals to its work force. The initiative was the first of its kind for the institution and resulted in numerous hires into business areas such as Education, Health, Development Economics, Information Technology Systems, Social Urban/Rural & Resilience and Governance. The World Bank Group continues its commitment to hiring Sub-Saharan African professionals and announces its latest recruitment mission to again attract highly qualified Sub-Saharan African professionals who are looking for an exciting career, where their effort will contribute to the institution's goal of ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity.
The International Financial Corporation (IFC), invites applications for the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Specialist
Sustainability is a strategic priority for IFC. It underpins the World Bank Group's efforts to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity in a sustainable way. We focus on the most urgent challenges-helping businesses address climate change, and foster sustainable practices in key sectors such as agribusiness, infrastructure and natural resources and financial markets. In some of the world's most challenging markets, we help create the conditions that can accelerate investment in these areas.
IFC is seeking to strengthen its global team of environmental and social specialists through the recruitment of Environmental Specialists with expertise in the agribusiness, infrastructure, manufacturing and/or financial markets sectors. The positions will be based in one of IFC’s regional offices, which may include EMENA (Istanbul, Moscow, Cairo), Asia (Delhi, Jakarta), Africa (Dakar, Johannesburg, Nairobi), or Latin America (Sao Paulo, Mexico City), or possibly Washington, D.C.
The Environmental Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Appraise the Environmental risks and impacts associated with IFC investments against the requirements of IFC's Performance Standards (PSs) on Environmental and Social Sustainability
- Define steps required to ensure compliance with the PSs and the World Bank Group Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
- Work with client companies and mobilize technical and financial support to address environmental and/or social aspects of clients' operations
- Provide training on E&S issues to IFC clients, investment staff and other Specialists
- Contribute to corporate knowledge base by analyzing and disseminating lessons learned and best practice from specific IFC investments
- Represent IFC at technical meetings, industry events and environmental fora.
- Advanced degree in Science, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in environmental assessment and management directly related to private sector business activities
- Track record in working with private sector firms across industry sectors (including agribusiness, infrastructure, manufacturing and/or the financial sector) to identify environmental/social risks and issues and develop mitigation measures to ensure compliance with good international industry practice
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse environmentally-related data and information
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills. Knowledge of another language spoken in any of the regions preferred (specifically Spanish, French and/or Portuguese)
- Experience in the region of hire preferred, and ability to travel frequently in the region required
- Good team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
End of July - September 2016 - Review applications and update application status to candidates
August - September 2016 - Contact all shortlisted candidates and conduct interviews in Washington, D.C. and locations in Africa
- Shortlisted candidates may be contacted as early as August 2016 for interviews which may be conducted in Washington, D.C. or locations in Africa. Interviews will be conducted through September 2016. Based on the availability of interviewers and candidates some interviews may be conducted virtually.
- Candidates who have previously submitted applications through the Recruitment Drive for African Nationals in 2015 must submit a new application to be considered for opportunities in this year's campaign. We apologize that we are unable to consider previously submitted applications.
- Vacancy at FHI 360 for Graduate Assistant Technical Officer - Pharmacy
- Vacancy at FHI 360 for Graduate Assistant Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
- Environmental Scientist
- CAC Shelter Matron
- CAC Shelter - Nurse
- Sales & Marketing Manager Job in a Reputable Pharmaceutical company
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical / Vaccine Sales Representative Job in a Reputable Pharmaceutical Company
- Product / Brand Manager Job in a Reputable Pharmaceutical Company