Investment Officer at World Bank
The World Bank Group is one of the world's largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help our client countries to reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life.
To ensure that countries can access the best global expertise and help generate cutting-edge knowledge, the World Bank Group is constantly seeking to improve the way it works. Key priorities include delivering measurable results, promoting openness and transparency in development, and improving access to development information and data.
World Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
- IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
- IFC is seeking to recruit an Investment Officer to work closely with other investment staff to support the development, execution and monitoring of investments across the gas-to-power value chain for its Infrastructure and Natural Resources Group in the Africa region.
- This group is responsible for sourcing and executing investment transactions in power, transport, utilities and natural resources (upstream exploration and production, midstream (pipelines, LNG, LPG), downstream gas distribution) in the Africa region.
- In addition to traditional investment activities, the Investment Officer will also support IFC in establishing and building relationships with local entrepreneurs across the gas-to-power value chain. The position provides an opportunity to obtain company, project and sector experience in a priority, growing and high impact area.
Duties and Accountabilities
- The selected candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on identifying investment opportunities, executing transactions and actively managing portfolio projects.
- In this role, your objective will be to maximize the impact of IFC’s intervention and contribute to the development of our countries of operation by executing innovative, developmental, and profitable investments for IFC.
- Assist in the formulation, monitoring and updating of IFC’s gas-to-power engagement in Nigeria working with IFC’s regional industry and regional departments and in close coordination with the extractive industry groups at the World Bank;
- Evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions, portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases and equity sales, as necessary, recommending suitable structures for a range of complex transactions;
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s project processing cycle from project development to disbursement;
- Prepare project-related documents for internal and external audiences;
- Coordinate closely with environmental and social colleagues to ensure the maintenance of high environmental and social standards in IFC’s investment;
- Participate in investment negotiations and supervise investments in portfolio companies;
- Collaborate efficiently with a range of industry and regional IFC colleagues.
- Work with industry specialists to assess the technical and commercial merits of gas projects to supply the domestic power market, as well as the quality of potential investee management and technical teams, to assist in the early stage screening and detailed due diligence of investment proposals;
- Develop and execute a business development strategy and deploy client relationship skills with potential gas suppliers to the power sector, focusing on Nigerian entrepreneurs in the infrastructure and natural resources space;
- Analyze operational and financial performance of potential client companies to identify opportunities, address risks and recommend investment options;
- MBA or equivalent degree;
- 6 - 8 years of experience in finance with a proven track record of sourcing, structuring and closing investments;
- Strong financial, credit and equity skills; demonstrated ability to creatively structure a variety of complex debt and equity instruments;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards;
- Commitment to the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values;
- Excellent communication skills in English required, other language skill an advantage.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Extensive knowledge of the gas-to-power sector in Nigeria;
- Strong business development and client relationship skills, and ability to work with local clients effectively;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as senior government officials;
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and investment opportunities;
How to Apply
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment.
- All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Nationwide Sales & Marketing Executives Openings
- MTN Nigeria Recruitment for Insurance Analyst
- FINCA Microfinance Bank Job for Service Desk Analyst
- Citibank Nigeria Recruitment for Unit Head, Local Corporates
- United Bank for Africa Plc Recruitment for Legal Officers
- Direct Sales Executive Job in a leading Commercial Bank
- Value Chain Officers recruitment in a Leading Pan-African Bank
- Dangote Group Recruitment for an Insurance Officer
- Investment One Graduate Trainee recruitment 2018
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) recruitment for Compliance Officers