Ongoing Recruitment at Pfizer Nigeria, December 2016
Pfizer - Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Pfizer is recruiting to fill the vacant job positions below:
Job Title: Retail Representative
Job ID: 1043915
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Reports to: Retail and Distribution Manager
- Describe in one or two sentences the primary purpose of the job
- Retail sales representative to promote Pfizer products in retail pharmacies to pharmacist and pharmacy staff, to drive the offering of Pfizer brands to customers, through detailing activities and audiovisual presentations.
The main results the job holder is accountable for delivering:
- Detailing Pfizer’s products key features to the pharmacist in key retail accounts.
- Manage total Pfizer’s portfolio in key Pharmacies.
- Develop and execute Business / Customer / Account plans for portfolio of products for a given geography, in line with Pfizer values.
- Allocate resources effectively to best fit business / account plans.
- Regularly review performance and progress of implementation of plans against agreed metrics
- Set accounts sales targets as well as standards sales activities.
- Grow existing or develop new business to meet or exceed sales targets in key accounts.
- Develop and grow relationships with key customers through commercial knowledge, relationships and selling skills.
- Work to create Innovative commercial value propositions to drive desired availability
- Work to identify potential new clients and business opportunities
- Call and promote selected products on all commercially relevant personnel at the POS (owners, pharmacist.) the expected number of times a day with targeted frequency and sequence
- Negotiate and secure the availability of promoted products, checking and ensuring proper inventories and the timely ordering of products
- Present the value added commercial initiatives and programs.
- Gather feedback and present corresponding Pfizer solutions to customer needs
- Spot emerging trends in retail (customer, competitor information, and value proposition insights) and communicate to the management of sales and marketing
- Report appropriate feedback and competitive info from customers to management for strategy adaptation.
- Managing financial situation of his or her customers.
- Meet all administrative and compliance expectations of management
- Managing distributor’s inventory and sales.
- Propose and coordinate with marketing team pharmacies promotional plans and activities.
Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree in Biological Sciences- Preferably Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- Geographical knowledge of the territories
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Therapeutic areas.
- Familiar with Standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Pharmaceutical Industry in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 1 -2 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Proven level of integrity
Job Specific Technical/Functional/Professional Competencies:
- Excellent Verbal, Presentation and Written Communication Skills
- Must possess Business and Financial acumen
- Must possess Basic Selling Skills
- Must be a Self starter and Emotionally intelligent
- Must be Change agile
- Must possess People /Relationship Management Skills
- Exceptional Aptitude for Learning
- Basic Information Technology [IT] Knowledge.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Excel Software Packages.
- Budget Responsibility/ Number of Reports/ Geographic scope
- Responsible for geography base trade budget.
Job Title: Brand Curriculum Development Manager
Job ID: 1039083
New York, NY and Collegeville, PA preferred:
- Reports to Sr Director Brand Curriculum Development in the GCO Training Center of Excellence.
- The Brand Curriculum Development Manager is accountable for the successful design and development of a high quality and valued global customer facing GCO brand training curriculum in line with current and future business requirements.
- This position requires extensive instructional design, development and project management skills as well as the ability to work with stakeholders to establish development plans for key training and courses.
- Prior experience with the design, development and implementation of quality global educational courses, advanced learning program management, technical and communication skills are required.
- Ensures development plans utilize diverse and innovative methodologies for delivery and are produced with high quality in support of Inspection Readiness.
- Strong ability to manage course development across multiple projects concurrently.
- Lead and project manage the Analysis, Design, Development, Handover and Evaluation of Brand curriculum development training programs for prioritized therapeutic areas and brands according to business requirements and design principles for CoE projects, or GCO projects. This includes:
- Plans and executes assigned projects, associated budgets, timelines and other project specific deliverables within the scope of the initiative/project
- Monitors, manages and communicates status to multi-disciplinary teams
- Align closely and works collaboratively with other relevant colleagues within GCO Training CoE and learning agencies to support training initiatives.
- Usage of Pfizer systems for document management, purchasing, elearning development and production
- Demonstrate effective project and vendor management capabilities
- Manage deliverables according to endorsed plans and timelines
- Synthesize critical business and market drivers, medical practice patterns and regulatory situations in all major markets around the globe
- Demonstrate knowledge of Global Innovative, Oncology, and Vaccines therapeutic areas and key products; critically assess product differentiators
- Lead engagements with external KOLs, external vendors and experts to develop global learning assets
- Development of novel training methodologies to increase impact and efficiency
- Capable of driving the overall Training Center of Excellence culture across business units
- Develop processes, as needed, and monitor activities related to Reg 08 compliance of Training programs; ensure programs and projects are evaluated for effectiveness and customer satisfaction and that feedback is utilized as part of the continuous improvement process.
Functional, Business & Technical Competencies:
- Project management expertise including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects
- Expertise in principles and application of instructional design across multiple delivery methodologies for a customer facing audience
- Expertise in managing the end-to-end process of designing and developing curriculum
- Advanced understanding of business processes and commercial experience in biopharmaceutical products
- Consultative Partnering and Commercial Client management – strong communication and influencing skills at a senior management level
- Ability to learn and master new therapeutic areas and market environments and Knowledge of:
- Institutional account management and selling in community and institutional settings
- Varied specialty therapeutic areas including solid organ and hematologic malignancies, large molecule and small molecule drug products, administration of injectable drug products, and distribution and payment of specialty drug products and devices
- Vendor Management experience
- Thorough understanding of Pfizer Compliance Guidelines and Review Committee/Local Medical Approval processes
- Project management expertise including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects and ability to use project management tools, presentation tools, elearning development and publishing tools
- Budget management - financial acumen
- Excellent organizational abilities and the capacity to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Outstanding presentation, writing, and communication skills
- Required computer experiences: LMS (eg Sumtotal) administration and processing,; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, course development products (eg CLARO, Articulate, Lectora, Captivate) and survey tools
- Experience working globally with organizations/teams/individuals
- English written and spoken efficiency
Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years experience in developing instructional materials for customer facing colleagues
- Bachelor's degree, Masters degree preferred
- Certification(s) in Instructional Design or Project Management preferred
- Experience in a customer facing commercial function
- Experience with elearning authoring tools and learning technology
- Experience in evaluating training programs and materials to ensure end-user needs are met
- Training Design and Delivery experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; has the ability to plan, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Global/Regional understanding of the business
- Cross-functional working experience and collaboration
Job Title: Pricing & Access Analyst, NEAR
Job ID: 1043920
Reports to: Health & Value Lead, NEAR
- The Pricing Analyst, NEAR is a key member of the Country H&V team. The role works closely with the Health & Value Lead; Country Cross-Functional teams (Corporate Affairs, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply); and above Country Pricing Analytic teams in Global H&V to maintain the integrity of NEAR pricing policies and procedures.
The key scope of the role is to:
- Manage day-to-day administration of pricing procedure in accordance with NEAR Pricing SOP
- Support the execution of Pricing & Market Access plans in line with NEAR Commercial strategies & tactical plans
- Generate/consolidate reports and reporting templates to assess commercial impact of Pricing & Access projects against set objectives
Manage day-to-day administration of Pricing procedure in accordance with NEAR Pricing SOP:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date Pricing records within company pricing systems
- Gather and update the business with market pricing dynamics
- Support the Commercial team to develop Business cases for Price Change Requests:
- Respond accurately to pricing policy questions
- Obtain missing information on price proposals
- Process price approvals (certain level of price requests)
- Populate feedback for future reviews of Pricing SOP and PCR Governance
- Conduct Market survey to benchmark competitor price movements
- Develop price/volume/value models to assist Brand teams set optimal revenues generating prices
- Interpret to Finance team, approved PSP documents for implementation on invoicing system
- Based on cost structure generate relevant prices for submission into Financial systems; TPR, GMX, etc
- Document/File approved offers and price exemptions for audit
Support the execution of Pricing & Market Access plans in line with NEAR Commercial & Account strategies & tactical plans:
- Generate report of Retail channel economics at product and portfolio levels
- Design relevant templates to validate compensation due to distributors/agents
- Assess the impact of commercial plans against set objectives:
- Revenues upside
- Profitability targets
- Discounts offered
- Customer reach
- Prepare payer value messages for key stakeholder interaction in conjunction with KAMs.
- Support the KAMs/TM to prepare relevant documents for bid submission:
- Tender Price schedules
- Bid bond and other securities in partnership with Finance
- Bid Authorization letters for agents
- Licenses and Certificates in collaboration with Regulatory
- Prepare letters, responses and other operational correspondences with Customers:
- In partnership with the responsible KAMs/Tender Manager
- Based on approved/agreed language and terms
- Generate/Consolidate a report of volumes and values progression in Tenders for monthly meetings:
Generate/consolidate reports and reporting templates to assess commercial impact of Pricing & Access projects against set objectives:
- Generate Profitability Analysis by Customer group and by Products
- Generate report of revenue performance against objectives:
- By Specific customer and/or Major Customer Segments
- By Key Brands and Portfolios
- Organize periodic meeting with stakeholders as needed:
- Consolidate report per Region/market
- Update Tender progression By SKU/Market/Region
- Support KAMs in the development of Commercial Value proposition
Job Specific Technical/Functional/Professional Competencies
Expect candidates to demonstrate these competencies:
- Acts decisively
- Seizes accountability
- Change agile
- Demonstrates business acumen
- Grows self
Expect candidates to demonstrate these functional/management competencies:
- Understanding of market pricing environment
- Strong analytical/modeling skills
- Strong organizational / prioritization skills
- Attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Innovation and creativity
Experience and Knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in Sciences preferred
- Experience of working in tender and/or institutional business
- Understanding of financial/business performance indicators
- Fluent in written and spoken English, French is an advantage
- Minimum 2 year experience in the pharmaceutical, FMCG or related industry
- Budget Responsibility None
- Number of reports None
- Geographic Scope NEAR
Note: When the page opens, enter the Job Opening ID eg: 1043915 or 1039083 or 1043920 in the Job ID Box, and click "Search"
Deadline 22nd December, 2016.
- MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Vacancy at FHI 360 for Graduate Assistant Technical Officer - Pharmacy
- Vacancy at FHI 360 for Graduate Assistant Technical Officer, Laboratory Services
- Environmental Scientist
- CAC Shelter Matron
- CAC Shelter - Nurse
- Production Supervisor
- Sales & Marketing Manager Job in a Reputable Pharmaceutical company