Shift Engineer Vacancy at Fan Milk Plc
Fan Milk Plc is a leading manufacturer and marketer of healthy, nutritious and safe frozen dairy and non-frozen dairy food products with distribution channels across the length and breadth of Nigeria. Fan Milk Nigeria is a well established and fast growing food processing industry offering wide range of products.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Engineer (Mechanical)
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that Plant equipment run smoothly. He will be responsible for providing technical support on the installation, commissioning and maintenance of plant facilities
- Develop, implement and manage preventive maintenance procedures, checklist and Standard procedures (SOP) of plant facilities to reduce damages and downtime.
- Transferring of technical knowhow of installed equipment through adequate training of subordinates (Technicians, electricians and technical operators).
- Ensuring that adequate spare parts of equipment are available in store
- Review plant facilities design in order to improve productivity, safety and efficiency.
- Co-ordinate with production and quality teams in ensuring that Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) is strictly adhered to.
Principal Accountabilities (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
- To maintain to optimal standard all machines and equipment inside the factory plant and these covers all the areas under principal accountabilities.
- Ensure running of automated mixing and processing equipments which includes, big scanima, small scanima, pipelines, agitators, pumps, Plate Heat Exchangers (PHE), processing instruments (temperature, pressure, level, flow transmitters etc), valves (manual and automatic), valve stations, Homogenizers, Pasteurizers, Holding tubes, electrical switchboards and controls, lighting fittings and socket outlets etc at optimal cost.
- Ensure running of Packaging Line comprising of DJ-2P and prepac packing machines, Scanico double drum freezer, scanima freezer, packing conveyors,
- Ensure correct functioning of Tetrapak Equipments comprising of Tetra Classic Aseptic (TCA), Tetra Brick Aseptic (TBA/8), Lacta and Aseptic processing equipments in order to ensure on-time realisation of production plans
- Provide Technical support to Water Treatment Plant (WTP) when on shift.
- Provide Technical support to Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) when on shift.
- Covers the Ammonia plant when on shift and the Utility Engineer is not in the factory. Use all initiative to ensure that the Ammonia HVAC systems are in good condition.
- Ensure correct functioning of Ice cream Packing machines which include Frosto Machines, Jumbo Servo, Cut extruder, Rotary cup sealer, Pumps, agitators, valves cold room heaters and evaporator fans etc
- Provide technical support to technical operators at pet bottling plant
Performance Management (Key Performance Indicators):
- Rate of avoiding production machine breakdown.
- Rate of avoiding Energy supply breakdown.
- Rate of attending to Cooling issue.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum B.Sc. / B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-6years working experience in related field
- Corporate Member Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE)
- Registered member Council For Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria(COREN)
- Must understand plant maintenance.
- Project planning.
- Inventory control
- Technical report writing.
- Plant OEE implementation.
- Six sigma application.
- Must be able to use microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Learning & Career Opportunities:
- In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Project management professional PMP.
- SAP maintenance implementation.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Instrumentation and Control Engineer
- Electro-Mechanical Technician at Promasidor
- Utility Engineer (Mechanical)
- EUC Technician at SABMiller
- Network Engineer at SABMiller
- Senior Telecommunications Engineer
- Senior Designer (Civil-Structural/Mechanical/Electrical)
- Maintenance Supervisor at OWPPiN Limited
- UFR Offshore Company Representative at COMSIP
- Engineering Manager at Tropical General Investments (TGI) Group