State Project Manager at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: PM NIG_1 - State Project Manager
Job Locations: Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Lagos
Job Type: Fixed Term
- Malaria Consortium is recruiting for State Project Managers to join our teams in Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina and Lagos.
- The State Project Manager will provide overall programme oversight at the state level. He/she will be the focal point for engagement with DFID representative within the state including other DFID-funded programmes
- He/She will facilitate the development and monitoring of a state level sustainability plan with the State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) and its key development partners
- He/She will lead institutional capacity building efforts with SMEP including those linked to health reforms.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, International Development or related discipline
- Mid-level management experience on large sized health projects in Nigeria
- Over 5 years working experience in development projects
- At least 2 years of those spent in projects based in the state and managing teams of 5 or more personnel
- Experience managing at least one project for an external government client
- Experience working with performance-based contracts
- Experience in project and financial management with a proven track record of timely submission of high quality project deliverables.
- This role is dependent on Malaria Consortium securing a forthcoming grant. CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis therefore early application is encouraged.
- Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, if you have not heard from us within four weeks of submitting your application, unfortunately you have not been successful this time.
- Project Manager
- Construction Project Manager at Bridge International Academies
- Project Team Lead
- Project Manager at Brookstone
- Country Coordinator at IMPACT Initiatives
- Supply Chain Team Leader at Danish Refugee Council
- Supply Chain Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Support Services Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- Country Director at ZOA international
- Programme Manager at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)