Accountant Job at Owens and Xley Consults
Owens and Xley is a Small Business Advisory and Consulting Company in Lagos, Nigeria. Our services include of Small Business Startup and Set up, Business Plan preparation, Business Process Design and Business Strategy Formulation. We know the role good planning plays in any business and its associated costs; and the initial capital challenges faced by a small business which is why we have developed solutions that ensure that small business owners have access to technical skills but at a fraction of the cost.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Ajah, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Maintaining accurate financial records, preparing financial statements, managing accounts payable and receivable, conducting financial analysis, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations
- Monitor and control inventory, ensuring accurate recording of stock movements and conducting periodic stock reconciliations.
- Perform financial analysis and provide insights to support decision-making, such as profitability analysis, cost control measures, and pricing strategies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the supermarket.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable processes, including invoice processing, payment reconciliations, and collections.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, tax regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA or other relevant certifications are a plus.
- Proven experience working as an Accountant in a supermarket or retail environment.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and internal controls.
- Proficiency in accounting software and MS Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of tax regulations and experience in tax preparation is preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
- Qualified Audit Trainees
- Chartered Finance Manager Job at Janchine Nigeria Limited
- Internal Control / Audit Officer Job at Agary Pharmaceutical Limited
- Internal Auditor (Microfinance Bank) Job at Brilliant Performance Solutions Limited
- Wealth Manager - Deposit Mobilization (Liability Asset) Job at Rosabon Financial Services Limited
- Job Openings at Afconrecruit Limited
- Account Sales Officer Job at Afconrecruit Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at SupportPro by Salesplat
- Job Vancancies at Hugo
- Head of Operations and Finance (Microfinance) Job at SupportPro by Salesplat