Accountant Job at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accountant is responsible for reconciliation and settlements activities and will provide revenue assurance to the bank.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure daily reconciliation and posting of all of all transactions and provide daily/weekly reconciliation and settlement reports.
- Support the E-business team in resolving settlement and reconciliation matters.
- Monitor income/fees and ensure value is promptly transferred to the bank.
- Liaising regularly with various bank account officers on issues relating to direct debits, standing orders, unidentified credits and charges from time to time.
- Monitors the deduction on loan and facilities with various banks and reconciling with terms and conditions in of the offer.
- Develop and maintain business relations with payment partners.
- Verify the incoming and outgoing payment on e-channel accounts.
- Reconcile bank statement with entries in the bank ledger on a daily/weekly/monthly basis and present the reconciliation reports.
- Prepare daily and weekly report on over/under-settlement of transactions.
- Advise the finance team of possible over-settlement for necessary provisions.
- Provide support to other finance team a required.
- Support end of day/month and year process.
- Maintain reconciliation records.
- Identify, follow up and investigate unreconciled transactions or discrepancies to enable prompt resolutions
- Liaise with the settlement bank and payment processing companies on potential under-settlement and ensure resolution of issues identified in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Rendition of monthly returns and processing of associated payments for FIRS, LIRS and PFAs within seven days of deduction.
- Sending daily dashboard report to management.
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification.
- Previous experience as a Reconciliation Officer/Accountantin a financial institution, microfinance bank will be an added advantage.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience.
- Experience reconciling accounting figures and financial records
- Great analytical skills for decision making and problem solving
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced computer software skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Organization and time management abilities
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Ability to multi task and meet tight deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Position as the subject of the email.
- Accountant Job at TippyToes KidCare Nursery and Daycare
- Accountant Job at City Sports Group Limited
- Unit Accountant Job at Sundry Foods
- Cashier Job at Sojourner Hotels
- Ongoing Recruitment at Lovekids
- Job Openings at Sales Force Consulting
- Job Vacancies at Taghini Foods
- Station Cashier Job at Rainoil Limited
- Audit Officer Job at IFEX Express Limited
- Senior Accountant Job at Brilliant Performance Solutions Limited