Admin/Programme Associate Job at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Admin/Programme Associate
Position Number: 2019/VA/038
Job Location: Makurdi-Benue State
Grade: GS - 6
Duration of Contract: One Year
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent is normally supervised by the Head of Field Office (Adikpo) and performs a variety of functions related to Administration and Programme activities within the Makurdi office. The supervisor defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The Admin/Programme Associate may supervise some support staff in which case Managerial competencies M001 and M002 (under 2.3 below) are applicable and should be selected by the staff member and manager in the context of Performance Appraisal Management (e-PAD).
- The incumbent keeps frequent contacts with staff at various levels in the office and occasionally with staff at the same level in other duty stations and/or Headquarters; with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on subject matters which may be of importance to the Organization.
- Analyse and maintain an overview of the administration work of the office to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialised areas and supervise office-related activities with such as grounds maintenance, security, transport and similar services.
- Collect information mainly from records and reports and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and projects activities.
- Prepare correspondence, special reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or specialised tasks which may be of a confidential nature within assigned area of responsibility.
- Organise and monitor data on project/programme activities by reviewing a variety of records including control plans, progress reports, project inputs, budget and financial expenditures.
- Maintain records of financial transactions, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of recurring or special reports, calculation and payment of salaries, allowances, travel claims and other payments to staff members.
- Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices.
- Assist officers by providing reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures, hereby noting potential funding problems and exercising budget control.
- Assist in the implementation of asset management, including provision and analysis of detailed cost estimates and purchasing.
- Collect register and maintain information on project activities by reviewing reports and through first-hand sources
- Brief staff on general administrative/personnel matters in connection with their assignment and provide Assistance to all staff members in the area of office administration.
- Preparation of and participation in training of implementing partners.
- Perform any other duty, as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field;
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
- In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local language.
- Ongoing Recruitment for Front Desk / Admin Officer at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
- Front Desk / Customer Relationship Officer Recruitment at Wavesat Telecommunications Limited
- Office Assistants / Messager Recruitment at The Nigeria Cassava Growers Association (NCGA)
- Experienced Office Secretary / Administrator Recruitment at The Nigeria Cassava Growers Association (NCGA)
- Personal Assistant / Administrative Executive Recruitment at Abuja Clinics
- Administrative Manager Job at Abuja Clinics
- Executive Assistant to CEO at EKO Criterion Consultancy Services
- Receptionist / Front Desk Officer Recruitment at Royal Hospital
- Admin / Procurement Officer Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Office Assistant Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)