Agricultural Economist / Commodity Trader Job at Aquada Development Corporation
Aquada Development Corporation Limited is a registered company located in Umuahia, Abia State. Over the years, we have been committed to innovating new technologies and products that improve the quality of life while improving the built environment in which we operate. Our specializations range from food manufacturing, materials processing to process engineering and construction. To achieve this, the Corporation hires the best available talent to conceive and implement its ideas, while we create a dynamic and rewarding work environment to nurture and sustain this creative spirit.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Agricultural Economist / Commodity Trader
Job Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- Develop and manage a system for the purchase of agricultural produce from farmers
- Keep track of offers, managing relationships with customers and farmers, as well as negotiating prices, payment, and delivery terms.
- Buy agricultural commodities from farmers using an online platform.
- Experience in risk management and hedging agricultural products for the feed industry and/or flour milling industry.
- Familiarity with online trading platforms would be a definite advantage, as would prior experience with farm-gate organization and cooperative extension services to farmers.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in the purchase and/or trading of agricultural produce.
- Analytical and organizational skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
- Excellent communication skill,
- Proven experience in purchasing/trading of agricultural produce,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Strong negotiation skill,
- Business development minded,
- Skilled in relationship management, set up relationship with farmers and produce aggregators,
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market conditions,
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter that outlines their specific experience and how it relates to this position, current resume, and a clear indication of your date of availability to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Openings
- Nationwide Sale & Marketing Executives Opening
- Farm Manager Job at Zilt Investment
- Farm Secretary Job at Agoms Integrated Farms Limited
- Farm Supervisor Job at MyCareerlity
- Agricultural Manager Job at Integrated Abuja Green Farms
- Farm House Supervisor / Attendant Job at Metrospeed Property Development Limited
- Agronomist / Farm Manager Job at Elevation Professionals
- Farm Manager Job at Conglomerate Associate Nigeria Limited
- Agriculture and Irrigation Officers Job at DarkPearl Job placement Ltd