Animator Job at Semicolon
Semicolon - We are a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Animator
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- An Animator performs a number of different tasks, with the end goal of creating visual works that can be displayed through different media sources, including film, TV, websites, and social media, Learning platforms, etc. This role requires storyboarding, drawing using physical and digital tools, creating frames for animation, and pulling frames together into moving pictures.
- We are looking for a disciplined and artistic person with a firm grasp of animation techniques, fundamentals, and software. The Animator will read through scripts and speak with clients to understand project needs, create storyboards and animations, and assist in the editing process.
- Our ideal Animator will work with our team of Software Engineering facilitators, content writer(s), and product delivery team to interpret written tech and other contents in visual forms, in a way that is less technical and appealing to non-techies.
- Core responsibility is to: Create, mostly 2D animated learning/course contents, and 3D animations for adverts. These may require you to:
- Liaise with clients and develop animation from the conceptualization stage.
- Create storyboards that depict the script and narrative.
- Design models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects, and the animation environment
- Develop the timing and pace of the movements of a character or object during the sequence of images and ensure they follow the soundtrack and audio requirements
- Build accurate, detailed, frame-by-frame visuals
- Record dialogue and edit to composite the various layers of animation (backgrounds, special effects, characters, and graphics) in order to produce the finished piece.
- Work to production deadlines and meet clients' commercial requirements.
- Work as part of a broader production team, which might include liaising with our content writer(s), photographers, designers, project delivery team, account executives, and marketing specialists.
- Deliver presentations and general progress reports.
- Deal with diverse business cultures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or HND in any discipline, preferably Computer Animation, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Minimum of two years industry-standard work experience as an animator, especially, with expertise in 2D animation, and commendable 3D Animation skills.
- Further education, experience, proficiency, certification, and (or) skills in the following fields: animation, art and design, computer-aided engineering, design for moving image, film and video, graphics design/illustration, model making or sculpture, multimedia, spatial design) is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of animation, storytelling, and character development techniques.
- Ability to apply creativity and intuitiveness to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solution
- Ability to use specialist computer generation software such as Maya, flash, and after-effects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation
- Attention to detail, adaptability, and receptiveness to feedback and direction.
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team to develop animations and solve problems.
- Other requirements as specific to our organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV preferably in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Fashion Stylist Job at Ruff n Tumble
- Digital Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist Job at Khenpro Global Services
- Ongoing Recruitment at a Turnkey brand development & product marketing firm
- Sales Representative and Decorator Job at Currys Serious Cake
- Graphics Designer Job at IFS Group
- Graphics Designer Job at Juilapomus Clothing Company Limited
- Job Openings at Uleval Technology
- Graphic Designer
- United Bank for Africa Recruitment for a Motion Graphic Designer
- Employment Opportunities at Softcom Limited