Apply for Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2018
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the flagship entrepreneurship programme of the Tony Elumelu Foundation, founded by the entrepreneur, respected investor and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu.
Applications are hereby invited for:
2018 The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme (2,000 Entrepreneurs and Counting) – 4th Cycle
Africa’s largest business incubator, The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), is now accepting applications from African entrepreneurs, with business ideas that can transform Africa.
Successful applicants will join the third cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF’s 10-year, $100 million commitment to train, mentor and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in every African country by 2024. Since inception in 2015, the Programme has assisted nearly 2,000 entrepreneurs and created hundreds of jobs across the continent.
The Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including:
- Training:12 weeks of intensive training on setting-up and managing businesses
- Mentoring: A mentor will guide successful applicants in creating a robust business plan
- Seed Capital: $5,000 in non-returnable seed capital and access to a $5,000 convertible loan
TEF Founder, serial entrepreneur and philanthropist Tony O. Elumelu, CON said:
- “Our Programme is a deliberate effort to institutionalise luck and provide the essentials for business growth to Africa’s next generation of business leaders. It is a demonstration of my faith in this generation’s ability to transform the African narrative, from the single story of disease and poverty, to one of enterprise and opportunity. Spread the word; we need Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs. Their ideas will transform Africa.”
- 1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including: market opportunity; financial understanding; scalability; and leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
To be Eligible:
- Business must be based in Africa
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country
- Business must be for profit
- Business must be 0-3 years’ old
CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir OBE said:
- “We encourage women, French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers and business ideas from every region across Africa, to apply. Our 2,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives. If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.”
Application Closes on 1st March, 2018.
- Apply for a UNICAF Scholarship and study for a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree!
- Reckitt Benckiser (RB) Global Challenge 2018
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2019
- Jiji Field Sales Agent
- Admission into MTNF/MUSON Diploma Course in Music for 2018/2019 Academic Year
- Daily Trust Foundation Students' Scholarship Scheme for 2018/2019 Academic Session
- 2018 Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship
- Study now towards an internationally recognised Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD and save up to 75% of the tuition fees!
- Google Impact Challenge Nigeria 2018
- 2018 Shell Ogbia SPDC JV Special LiveWIRE Programme