Business Development Manager Job at International SOS
International SOS - The world's leading medical & travel security assistance company. We are in the business of saving and protecting lives from more than 1,000 locations in 90 countries. 11,000 employees, led by 5,200 medical professionals service multinational companies, governments and NGOs globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Business Development Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Over all Purpose
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, developing a healthy pipeline of new prospects and driving the profitable growth of existing and cross border business to meet the goals and aspiration of the client and market first strategy.
- Support all pricing and contract negotiations
- Ensure client proposals are of a professional standard
- Ensure clients pay promptly
- Be prepared to present ideas, concepts and specific knowledge to the Marketing and Sales Team and the Company as and when required or volunteered
Business Growth (Acquisition, Hunting):
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of all sectors and target markets within the relevant market segment(s).
- Identify key target potential clients in all appropriate market segments and develop sales strategies and plans to develop and convert a strong new business sales pipeline into contracted sales revenue.
- Continually conduct industry and market research, including surveys, analyse findings and report to the Sales and Marketing Manager on new business opportunities and on events that impact upon current client business.
- Investigate new business opportunities and secure new business in line with the sales strategies and budgets.
- Anticipate client needs, requirements and market trends, identify buying influences and develop contacts at the highest levels within prospect clients.
- Fully understand the business requirements of prospective clients and the industries within which they operate, and identify buying influencers, decision makers and develop contacts at the highest levels within target clients.
- Build credibility with new client prospects by demonstrating a thorough understanding of their businesses and the industries that they operate in and communicating in a way that creates trust and demonstrates professionalism with clients.
- Drive the growth of cross border sales through developing close cooperation and strategic relationships with sales and marketing personnel from other regions.
- Align International SOS medical and security services with the client requirements to define a sales opportunity pipeline and forecast driving the growth of profitable revenue with the aim to exceed budgeted targets.
- Support growth of profitable revenue through the use of up-selling and cross-selling
- Implement a client visit plan and maximise face-to-face Client sales time by arranging and facilitating support resources in an effective manner to drive client retention, renewal and account extension
- Develop close relationships throughout all levels of the client base and initiate negotiations
- Continually evaluate progress within the client group, against pipeline, revenue and profit targets, client plans, and take action with Sales and Marketing Manager as required to amend discrepancies
- Provide value added industry-specific medical and security knowledge to Clients’ within a consultative selling framework, and deliver industry-specific advantage solutions to Clients
- In conjunction with Operations, manage International SOS’ level of service quality in the provision of medical and security solutions to the designated client base across the region
- Driving client utilization through educating them on International SOS’s products and services
- Managing the sales pipeline, from the start of all engagements with prospects/clients, timely updating any changes (i.e. stages, competitors and resolution causes for WON and LOST opportunities).
- Supervise all administrative and financial activities involving the clients including, renewals, contract review, pricing, invoicing and AR
- Manage collection on Account Receivables, which are either problematic or over 60 days
Quality of Service Management:
- Maintaining data accuracy and integrity of client data in Salesforce.com
- Ensuring that administrative data at the account, program and opportunity level is updated and up to date (contacts, addresses, dates, contracts, activities and subscriber declaration).
- Ensuring that procedures and operational information (Authorized Persons, Emergency Contacts and interface with Insurers) are reviewed, accurate and updated with the Assistance Centre audit as KPI.
- Develop an aggressive quarterly sales action plan and/or account extension plan to achieve quarterly and annual sales and business targets for new and/or account extension business and up selling cross border targets, the plan must include the customer journey initiatives as outlined by Corporate
- Develop a sales plan and/or account plan for each prospect client and/or existing account defining their market strategy, market share/competitors, growth opportunities, organisational chart, decision making process and key contacts
- Weekly and monthly sales and pipeline reports
- Ensure documentation and reporting on all client visits and major events.
- Measure performance against financial targets and non-financial objectives on a monthly basis
- Forge close cooperation with marketing personnel to ensure that all marketing efforts support the sales plans and objectives
- Propose new business marketing and client communication strategies that increase sales revenue
- Ensure representation of Company at Corporate functions that impact the relevant market segment and maximize network opportunities.
Corresponding BDM's in other regions:
- Maintain contact and gain support where required with Managers from relevant market segments in other regions, communicate successes and best demonstrated practices
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to cold call and identify business opportunities
- Direct B2B solution / consultative selling experience in complex / service industry with at least 2-3 years direct selling experience to large multi-national companies
- Exposure to working in a cross-border engagement sales environment including previous working experience selling to emerging markets
- Strong consultative / solution selling skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills (impact and influence)
- High profile networking ability and confidence with senior decision makers
- Ability to communicate in English fluently and read and write effectively. Ability to speak another language will be an advantage
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness. Ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment where consensus is the norm
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in sales
- Proven track record of profitable sales growth year on year and pipeline management.
- Managing Director/CEO Job at Protege Management
- Import/Export Trade Manager Job at Origin Automobile Works Limited
- Sales & Marketing Executive Job at Xanadu Hospitality Services Limited
- General Manager, Sales Job at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
- Business Officer Job at McBuddy Properties Limited
- Unit Manager Job at The Universal Insurance Company Limited
- Sales Officer (FMCG - Cosmetics) Job at Lorache Limited
- Business Executive Job at Adron Homes & Properties Limited
- Business Assistant Job at May University Press Limited
- Sales Manager Job at Pivotage Consulting