Chief Executive Officer Job at Adexen Recruitment Agency
Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, a Microfinance Bank is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Lagos
- Manage daily activities and the overall strategic and operational performance of the bank and the achievements of the bank’s growth and profitability.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of business strategies ensuring the Bank runs on, sound commercial and professional principles and that its defined corporate objectives are pursued.
- Initiate short, medium and long-term strategies, action plans and targets in line with the defined vision, mission and objectives of the Bank.
- Ensure the Bank’s financial viability and cost structure are regularly analyzed and appropriate measures are undertaken to monitor and reduce costs concerning the Bank operations and services provided.
- Manage regular review of the Bank’s competitive environment is and ensure appropriate measures are taken to increase the market share and while ensuring that the Bank gains and retains market position as a leading microfinance bank in the country.
- Manage and constantly look for and seizes opportunities favorable to the expansion of the Bank’s activities.
- Ensure that the Organisation's activities are accordingly planned and directed to achieve affirmed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, culture, and legislative adherence.
- Ensure the decisions of the Executive and Management Committee are communicated to all levels of the Institution and are implemented.
- Manage the recruitment, selection, and development of the executive team and ensure that staff appointments, development, and disciplinary processes are well attended to before the submission to the GMD.
- Ensure executive decisions on staff are promptly implemented.
- Ensure senior managers meet with their respective teams regularly.
- Ensure staff motivation and loyalties are improved to minimize staff turnover.
- Ensure effective forward and feedback communication systems between Management and staff are established and disseminated to all staff in the institution to inculcate coherence and a team spirit.
- Ensure all the risks attached to the Bank’s activities, including investment, loans, overdrafts; interbank activities are regularly and properly evaluated, monitored and adequately secured.
- Ensure a proper and complete register of the Bank’s Assets is kept.
- Ensure all Bank Assets are properly surveyed, registered, recorded, valued and Certificates thereof are obtained and kept.
- Manage Instruments of Transfer or other documents in the Bank’s interest that are still pending, that they are promptly executed and the necessary certificates of titles obtained.
- Ensure Central Bank requirements are fulfilled at all times and the Bank retains its operating license from the Central Bank.
- Ensure External Executive meetings are promptly attended.
- Ensure the monthly Bankers Association meetings in the country are attending.
- Ensure the Institute of Bankers Executive meetings are regularly attended.
- Ensure Organizational culture is maintained and developed, including its values, the reputation in the market while taking into account the various stakeholders.
- Ensure the bank acquires and maintains a solid reputation as a successful financial institution committed to the development of small and micro-entrepreneurs in the country in line with the defined vision and mission of the Bank.
- Ensure a member of the Management Committee attends meetings, periodically convened by the Bank’s counterparts, Partners, Donors or collaborators.
- Ensure Present and Potential overseas partners are welcomed and receive proper attention and the Bank’s interests in discussions with them are properly represented.
- Develop and maintain contacts and associations with Bank of the country, other Commercial Banks, Microfinance Institutions, Donors and prospective/potential Investors and with their respective forums both locally and abroad.
- Ensure Head Office, Credit and Risk meetings are convened regularly and chaired by the MD while the Bank’s credit portfolio grows steadily maintaining a low rate of delinquency.
- Manage depositors’ interests and ensure they are always safeguarded in the course of the Bank’s lending and investment activities.
- Ensure the Bank’s range of financial products becomes more diversified, in line however with the defined objectives of the Bank, thereby guaranteeing a constant improvement in the degree to which the target clientele’s needs are satisfied.
- Monitor the realization of growth of the Bank’s lending, deposit and fee-based business ensuring that it is following approved strategic targets and limits.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Banking, and Finance or any other relevant discipline.
- An MBA will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in banking / financial institution.
- Must have certifications from recognized bodies to include ACCA, CIIN, and CFA.
- Must have Sales and Marketing and Client relationship management skills.
- Must be able to develop and implement policies.
- Must be strategic and have financial and business acumen.
- Head Teacher / School Administrator Job at Stellbeth Educational Consult
- Executive Housekeeper Job at Marriott International
- Vice President, Government Engagement Job at MasterCard Nigeria
- Global Head of Consumer Support Job at Tek Experts
- General Manager Job at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Regional Hotel Operations Manager Job at YIMEI GROUP
- Halal Fund Manager Job at Norrenberger
- Country Manager Job at OnePort 365
- Senior Operations Manager Job at Venture Garden Nigeria
- Restaurant Manager Job at Eat N Go Limited (Aba , Delta)