Chief Operating Officer Job at HealthPlus Limited
HealthPlus Limited, Nigeria’s first integrative pharmacy, is the fastest-growing pharmacy chain in West Africa. We are committed to our mission of helping people achieve optimum health and vitality, while delivering superior value to stakeholders. Our vision is to be Africa’s #1 for pharmacy, wellness and beauty. Recently, we secured significant foreign investment from our partners to scale up our network of retail outlets and our online business. This strategy will give us unparalleled reach across the country and beyond.
Our success is based on our great people, great values and a winning corporate culture. Our people are passionate, driven and committed to continuous learning in order to maintain our edge. Our testimonial is that we are proud to be members of the HealthPlus family as we are offered a strong platform to explore our potentials. We believe in best practices always and therefore employ and retain the best talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chief Operating Officer
Reference #: HP/OP/COO
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
- Our company is currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our growing team.
- The COO is a key member of Executive Management and is accountable for executing the growth strategy of the Company supervising the entire organisation's day-to-day operations reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced and efficient leader, able to maintain control of diverse business operations. The candidate will be responsible for working with the organisation to meet company goals and objectives through planning, leading, organizing, and controlling Organisational resources.
- The goal is to maintain and improve where needed, the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operational strategy, and hiring needs
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and taking action when necessary
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures in managing fast growing, international standard pharmacy chain.
- Assist the CEO in developing and building the platform for enhanced, highly scalable, multi-site operations.
- Preparing and maintaining internal Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (HR, IT, Facility and Admin Services, Corporate Transformation, Information Technology etc)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Direct and open communication with the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors, all other stakeholders
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the CEO
- Aggressively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role in Retail Chain Operations (minimum of 14 years)
- International Retail Company Operations experience will be an added advantage
- Understanding of and or experience in business functions cutting across the different support departments of an Organisation
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- MBA/MSc in Business Administration or related field
- Relevant Certifications will be added
- Account Officer
- Marketing Executive
- Elevantix Consulting Ltd. Recruitment for a Manager - Hotel
- General Manager Job at Paraquick
- Assistant Manager Job at INSIGHT CONSULT GROUP
- Business Development Officer
- Branch Manager Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- General Manager Job at a reputable company
- Supervisor, Support Services Job at MainOne Cable
- Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer Job at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)