Chief Risk Officer Job at KPMG
KPMG Nigeria - Our client is part of a leading global brand, committed to providing innovative digital solutions. In line with its strategic intent to be at the forefront of technology excellence, the organization has embarked on a plan to provide affordable, reliable and easily accessible financial solutions aimed at increasing access to financial services particularly in unserved and underserved areas.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chief Risk Officer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The client is desirous of filling a key role with best-in class talent for the position of a Chief Risk Officer, the suitable qualified candidate is responsible for developing and executing mitigating strategies for all risks identified.
Detailed Job Description
- Champion the development and implementation of the organization’s risk appetite, limits and tolerance levels.
- Assist the Board/Management to develop and communicate risk management policies, risk appetite and risk limits.
- Coordinate the identification, assessment and recording of business risks relating to processes and functions.
- Define the enterprise risk management framework and establish guidelines for the development and implementation of supporting policies and procedures.
- Incorporate risk considerations into strategic decision-making and ensure alignment between business strategies of line management and the risk policy.
- Ensure portfolio optimization through risk diversification and transfer strategies, in line with the risk/reward profile.
- Provide input into capital and resource allocation decisions.
- Establish and maintain a risk awareness culture and provide appropriate opportunities for organizational learning, including lessons learned from previous problems, on-going communication, training and development.
- Monitor and report on adherence to the organizations risk framework / policies to the Board.
- Act as the point of contact between the organization and Regulators/investors with reference to risk management issues.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the CEO and the Board Risk Committee.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in any related discipline.
- MSc in Risk Management is required.
- Minimum of 15 years’ post qualification experience, with at least 10 years’ experience in risk management, of which at least 7 must have been in the banking sector and at least 5 years in a senior management role
- A professional certification such as CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP, GARP, PRMIA or any other equivalent qualification from a recogized professional body
- Any other relevant Risk Management certification is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to manage market, liquidity and enterprise risk.
- Deep understanding of risk management trends in the local & international financial services industry.
- Clear understanding and knowledge of the business objectives and processes of various functions.
- Deep understanding of enterprise risk management strategies, techniques and reporting applications
- Proven track record in the effective leadership and motivation of staff.
- Risk Management Analyst / Specialist Recruitment at JNC International
- Risk Advisor Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Finance and Compliance Officer Recruitment at NINERELA+
- Lawyer, Quality and Risk Management Recruitment at KPMG
- Risk Advisor (Marketing) Job at Lasaco Assurance Plc
- Internal Control Officer Job at Bolin Bakeries and Catering Company
- HMO Operations Manager Job at HealthPoint
- Grants and Compliance Manager Job at Action Against Hunger
- Head, Internal Control and Compliance Job at a reputable Bank
- Credit Risk Analyst (Port Harcourt/Kano)