Consultant Job at The Akin Fadeyi Foundation (AFF)
The Akin Fadeyi Foundation (AFF) is a registered Not-For-Profit that works to ensure that Nigerians live fulfilling lives where they can use their human and social capital to the full extent. We focus on four key areas that encompass the issues that we are most passionate about and where we can achieve the greatest good.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Consultant - Corruption Not in My Country
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Akin Fadeyi Foundation seeks the services of a skilled evaluation Consultant to undertake a mid-term, external evaluation of their three-year project – corruption not in my country.
- The Akin Fadeyi Foundation (AFF) is a registered Not-For-Profit with a mission of helping Nigerians live fulfilling lives, exploring their human and social capital to the full extent. WE are involved in direct outreach, and a large-scale advocacy to reduce the prevalence of corruption in Nigeria. Our advocacy strategy focuses on educating and empowering Nigerians to shun corruptions at all levels.
- The AFF funded by John D and Catherin T MacArthur Foundation adopts preventive strategies in driving our vision of a corrupt-free nation through the deployment of multi-media short video and audio-drama skits – NOT IN MY COUNTRY/NEVER AGAIN. The skits contents are styled as a series of audio and visual skits targeted at exposing Nigerians to the cost of corruption thereby influencing behavioural and attitudinal change among citizens. Through the support of The MacArthur Foundation, we are now able to air our skits on international and local media platforms like CNN, Africa Magic, NTA 2 Channel 5, FRCN, SuperSport etc. The project is set to run for three years and has run through a year and a half.
- The predominant themes of these skits are transparency, accountability and good governance in Nigeria. It encourages a culture of integrity and uprightness, to proactively prevent corrupt practices.
The AFF is looking for an experienced independent consultant ideally based in Nigeria to:
- Assess the extent of the relevance of the skits and the degree to which the sought objectives have remained consistent.
- Determine the effectiveness of the skits on behavioural changes of audience at which it was targeted.
- Clarity if messages are clear enough for the target audience to comprehend and elicit the desired change.
- Provide recommendations on how best to achieve the intended objective
The evaluator will assess the above in relation to two central broad questions:
- What changes / outcomes / achievements have taken place as a result of the deployment of the edutainment skits?
- How have these changes / outcomes / achievements been brought about?
- In relation to this, the evaluation should consider the following sub-questions:
- What have been the unintended and unexpected outcomes of the project activities?
- Who has benefited (Public office holders, citizens, government agencies) and in what ways?
- Have any changes been achieved in relation to policy / practice / attitudes of decision makers / policy makers etc. as a result of this engagement?
- To what extent are changes attributable to the project activities?
- How plausible is the ‘theory of change’ that was articulated near the beginning of the project? Is it effective, where are the gaps, how should they be addressed and improved for the future?
- What overall lessons have been learned?
- How effective have the AFF project’s monitoring, management, learning and financial systems been? How can these be improved?
- The consultant is expected to provide a debrief to the AFF using a PowerPoint presentation to summarise preliminary findings and recommendations.
- The consultant will also submit a draft evaluation report into which The AFF will input feedback. The consultant will afterwards submit a final evaluation report in which relevant feedback from the AFF has been incorporated.
Deliverables should therefore include the following:
- An evaluation work plan which will cover timeline, methodology / approach.
- Stakeholders to be consulted and sampling framework, data collection and analysis tools, qualitative and quantitative protocols for data collection.
- Suggested improvements to existing evaluation scope
- A PowerPoint Presentation of preliminary findings
- A draft evaluation report
- An electronic file of the final qualitative and quantitative data collected
- Final evaluation report containing:
- Recommendations for future action
- List of meetings attended
- List of persons interviewed
- Details of evaluation methodology
- Summary of field visits
- List of documents reviewed
- Any other relevant material, including data collection tools
It is anticipated that a mix of qualitative and quantitative data collection methodologies will be used to gather data for the evaluation. This will include but is not limited to:
- Review of project documentation through the AFF’s annual report, communications between the AFF and MacArthur Foundation, the original project proposal document, the basic ‘theory of change’, and other relevant materials.
- Development of an evaluation approach and data collection tools / methods which should include
- Detailed time line and work plan
- Outline of any proposed changes to the scope of the evaluation
- Key survey/interview questions
- Proposed sampling framework
- List of stakeholders to be consulted
Stakeholders to be consulted:
The AFF will suggest that the Consultant includes the following groups of stakeholders in the evaluation:
- The Media, who are believed to have engaged with the skits at the 1st level (AFF shall provide necessary contact base of the concerned media)
- Other CSOs engaging in related field of advocacy
- Social media users.
All reports must:
- Be provided in accordance with the requirements of the TOR
- Be accurate and objective in every respect
- Be provided at the time specified
- Extensive experience in media interventions in Nigeria
- Strong technical competencies in applied qualitative and quantitative research techniques and data analysis
- Expertise with qualitative data collection instruments for key informant interviews, focus group discussions, etc.
- Professional oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Nigeria
- Experience: 5 - 10 Years
Expected timeline for the start and completion of this activity is 7weeks (July - August), 2019.
In addition to other documentations required for procurement purposes, kindly provide below:
- Description of proposed approach
- Detailed budget
- Company profile
- Curriculum vitae of EACH individual that will work on the project
- Sample work in Impact evaluation
- Award/completion letter from similar work carried out in the past
The documents above should be in PDF format and compressed into a zip folder.
- Submissions will be aggregated and graded 100% accordingly: Evidence of previous work completed by consultants/consulting firm (30%); Approach to be deployed for this work (30%); Expertise of consultants/firm (20%); Understanding of this ToR and compliance with requirements (10%); Financial capability and staff strength (10%).
- Consultant Job at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Product Manager Recruitment at Proten International
- Consultant Job at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Consultant Job at St. Raphael Hospital
- Investment Consultant Job at Oxford Gold Integrated International Limited
- HR Consultant
- Trainee Consultant Recruitment at Pierre Consulting
- Head, Strategy Job at Media Trust Limited
- Business Strategy and Marketing Manager Job at FleetPartners Leasing Limited