Digital Content Manager - Email Job at She Leads Africa
She Leads Africa is a digital media company for the modern, millennial African woman. With features in the Financial Times, BBC, CNN, Forbes and CNBC Africa, we’re creating the best digital content and offline events to help young African women build amazing careers and businesses, serve as community leaders and influencers, and eventually take over the world.
We generate revenue from brand partnerships, advertising revenue and direct to consumer sales (through our event ticket sales and digital learning opportunities).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Digital Content Manager - Email
Job Location: Lagos
- This role is for someone with a funny and creative writing style who is up to date on pop culture and knows how to break down complex topics.
- Reporting Structure: The Digital Content Managers will report directly to the Cofounder. They will also be responsible for managing a team of 2-3 fellows and additional staff related to large events or campaigns.
- The Digital Content Managers will be responsible for increasing the following and engagement for our internal audiences (our own social media accounts and newsletter) and representing SLA on external platforms (blogs, chats, etc).
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to developing a social workflow that aligns with the editorial process; tracking campaign performance and developing social media campaigns that increase the stickiness of the SLA brand; working with the business development teams to develop and produce social media campaigns; and working with our events team to promote events and curate content to share across platforms.
Specifically the Digital Content Manager will:
- Be proactive about ensuring that SLA is a part of important conversations related to African women, business, career and life
- Grow the number of weekly unique visitors to the website and newsletter subscribers
- Lead weekly strategic meetings on content direction on the digital media platforms
- Establish and deliver community engagement goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Utilize data and analytics to drive decision making and advise social content and editorial decisions
- Oversee social content production and editing every week
- Develop new concepts and series for the community and seek out contributors
- Listen to our users and encouraging dialogue on our platforms
- The ideal candidates will have an interest in building, growing and scaling communities. You don’t have to have official work experience doing this kind of work but we want someone who is passionate about digital content and can learn quickly.
- If this role is for you, you’ll be excited to work in a fast paced environment and committed to working until the job is done.
Specific requirements include:
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to adopt and change your style of writing
- Experience in building and growing communities across markets using a variety of content, marketing and partnership strategies
- Knowledge of SEO and digital marketing strategies
- Social media savvy, including Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram and up to date on current trends
- Able to deliver on metrics-driven results and an understanding of analytics
- Graphic design and video editing skills are a major plus
- Entry level salary with commission
- Opportunity to travel across Africa and interact with Africa’s leading voices and entrepreneurs
- Work from anywhere as long as you can keep in touch with Skype and Google Hangouts
- Work with a moderately fun team who prefer sweatpants over stilettos
- Sales and Marketing Manager Job at Rossetti Tiles Limited
- Marketer Job at El-Bethel Clinical & Diagnostic Service Limited
- Marketer/Sales Officer Job at Potent Mall
- Business Development
- Social Media Manager Job at Talentsquare
- Marketing Manager Job at Housessories Limited
- Marketing Executive/Risk Advisor Job at Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
- Digital/Online Sales Associate Recruitment at Excellent & Strategic Solutions
- Marketing Executive Recruitment at Xepha Global Investment
- Marketing Executive Job at Bethsaida Group of Companies