Director, Medical and Health Services
The Obafemi Awolowo University is a comprehensive public institution established in 1962 as The University of Ife. The University is situated on a vast expanse of land totaling 11,861 hectares in Ile-Ife, Osun State, southwest of Nigeria.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the Academic position below:
Job Title: Director, Medical and Health Services
- The post carries the responsibility for the day to day administration of the Medical and Health Services of the University and the successful candidate shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor, who is the Chief Executive Officer of the University.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Applicants should possess a Degree in Medicine from a recognized institution and must have been registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria plus at least a Master Degree in a field related to Public Health or Family Medicine with not less than fifteen (15) years post- registration experience, ten (10) of which must be cognate health and medical administrative experience, preferably in a reputable health institution In addition, the candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years administrative experience.
- Basic Salary: CONTISS 15 (N44058,262.40 -N5,316,520.20 per annum). The point of entry point will depend on experience Other fringe benefits include call-duty, hazard and inducement allowances in accordance with extant Federal Government Circulars, a partly furnished residential accommodation on campus at a subsidized rate; medical care as provided under the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) for self, spouse and up to a maximum of five (5) children. 42 working days paid annual leaver contributory pension and such other benefits as applicable in the Federal Public Service and approved by the Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
3rd October, 2016.
Method of Application
Applicants are required to submit 35 copies of their applications and up-to- date curriculum vitae giving the following information in order as listed below:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Post Applied for.
- Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit).
- State of Origin, Senatorial District and Local Government Area (if a Nigerian)
- Permanent Home Address.
- Current Postal Address/including G.S.M. Telephone number.
- Marital Status.
- Number of Children and their Ages.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic/Professional qualifications and distinctions obtained with dates (attach copies of credentials).
- Work Experience with dates,
- Present Employment, Status and Salary (if any).
- Research interests and activities
- Conference/ courses attended (state titles of papers presented if any).
- Extra Curricular Activities.
- Any physical challenge?
- Names and address of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with Candidates’ academic/work experience.
Candidates applying for the position are advised to request their referees to forward confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar. The reports should be duly marked “CONFIDENTIAL”.
Applications and curriculum vitae of all interested Candidates are to be forwarded to:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
“For the attention of Director of Personnel Affairs”
Candidates are also required to forward a soft copy of their application and curriculum vitae by email (as an attachment) to: email@example.com within the specified period.
Note: Only the applications of candidates short-listed will be acknowledged.
- Job Opportunities at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Head / Senior Nurse Job at Lagos Executive Cardiovascular Clinic
- Executive Secretary
- Job Vacancies at The U.S Consulate General in Lagos and U.S. Embassy in Abuja
- Senior Human Resources Officer at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Health Services / Quality Assurance Officer
- Medical Laboratory Technician Job at Wellness Healthcare Limited
- COVID-19 Laboratory Manager Job at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Pharmacist Job at Vincintoire Limited
- Hospital Medical Representative Job at Dkt International