Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Recruitment at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Chief of Party TO2
- The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Director will report to the COP and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts.
- S/he will lead analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and areas of improvement, will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidates program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project knowledge management strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and be responsible for the overall management of Strategic Information;
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E;
- Develop and implement appropriate guidelines to support USAID/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts and USAID’s Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results, contribute to national data collection and information systems, ensure data quality;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop and monitor work plans;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MBBS / MD / PHD or similar degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics with 7 to 9 years relevant experience with at least seven years of experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for public health programs in developing countries, practical experience with HIV/AIDS programs preferred
- MS/MA in Demography, Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics, economics and an MPH or similar degree with 9 to 11 years relevant experience in project-level
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Capacity to manage and build the capacity of a large team, within a multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to consistently provide technical inputs on HIV/AIDS in the FHI 360 network to improve the quality of HIV/AIDS service delivery.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI 360 /Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
- This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- COVID-19 Laboratory Manager Job at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)
- Operations Specialist Job at Bolt (formerly Taxify)
- Latest Recruitment Jobs at Total Secure Nigeria
- Pharmacist Job at Vincintoire Limited
- Living Benefit Officer Job at ARM Life Plc
- Human Resources and Administrative Manager Job at PricewaterhouseCooper
- Deport Liaison Officer Job at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- Stock Point Coordinator Job at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
- Digital Marketing Specialist Job at Mentapp Solutions Limited
- Book-keeper Job at Fashion House