Director of Finance and Administration Vacancy at Global Communities - Nationwide
Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Director of Finance and Administration
Job Location: Nationwide
- We are seeking a qualified and experienced Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Rural Resilience program. With external and internal factors creating an increasingly dynamic and challenging environment, the program is expected to focus on increasing the resilience of vulnerable, mostly rural, households to shocks and stress.
- The DFA is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations through the life of the program.
- In particular, s/he will oversee financial operations for the program; conduct continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds.
- A successful candidate will have experience working with U.S. Government programs, the ability to oversee staff and partner organization finances, and a strong background in institutionalizing financial best practices.
Key responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide financial management for all aspects of the program;
- Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID rules and regulations and Global Communities policies and procedures, and accounting principles;
- Manage the program budget ensuring all costs incurred by Global Communities policies are accounted for and in compliance with local laws;
- Provide financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to HQ on budget expenditures;
- Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions;
- Provide oversight on all program related financial matters;
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with USAID contractual requirements;
- Oversee Operations and Administration staff, ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately;
- Monitor partner's management of funds and cross check source documents;
- Work closely with Global Communities policies grants and administration units on program related matters;
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits;
- Mentor and build the capacity of staff;
- Oversee annual financial audits,
- Provide oversight of program administration, IT, and HR management support;
- Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related subject. A CPA or MA in accounting preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of experience managing finances for USG-funded programs of similar scope and scale;
- Proven experience with US government-funded contracts and/or cooperative agreements, and in-depth knowledge of US Government regulations found in the CFR and OMB Circulars, FAR, AIDAR, and ADS
- Significant experience managing USAID-funded programs;
- Ability to work as part of a team and to coordinate across departments;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required;
- Strong managerial skills; experience overseeing staff required;
- Ability to set put financial regulation systems with partner organizations to ensure the efficient and accurate disbursement of funds;
- Knowledge of HR & IT practices a plus.
- Strong sense of responsibility, personal initiative, and follow-through;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
- Fluency in English required.
- Front Desk/Receptionist
- Unit Manager and Financial Planner
- Regional Accountant at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- General Service Officer at The British High Commission
- Admin Officer
- Mobile Financial Services, Regional Operations at MTN Nigeria
- LeadHire Graduate Internship Programme 2018
- Finance Assistant at Mercy Corps International
- Senior Associate/Associate, IT Audit/ Risk Assurance at KPMG
- Front Desk Clerk